Our valued sponsor

Russia residence - my journey

does this residency with real estate makes you a tax resident?
Yes. This will allow me to benefit from the residents taxation rate of 15% instead of 30% on local earned income.
How many days per year do you need to stay in russia to keep your residency ?
183, like in every country. But this doesn’t mean you can’t travel for more than 182 days.

Could you describe the procedure involved in buying a property there?
My personal situation is unlikely to be applicable to other people. Anyway, the process is rather simple, and you can even buy in cash. The most tedious part is registering your presence with the local municipality, which I will complete later when I go to Russia (I plan to do so in January 25).

As promised, I will post step by step updates, be patient! But I won’t disclose personal info like how and where I bought real estate, who assists me on the ground (Beside lawyers) etc ;)

My personal situation is unlikely to be applicable to other people. Anyway, the process is rather simple, and you can even buy in cash. The most tedious part is registering your presence with the local municipality, which I will complete later when I go to Russia (I plan to do so in January 25).

As promised, I will post step by step updates, be patient! But I won’t disclose personal info like how and where I bought real estate, who assists me on the ground (Beside lawyers) etc ;)

OCT as a quantum gate ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8088.webp
    IMG_8088.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8087.webp
    IMG_8087.webp
    28 KB · Views: 36

Did they ask for SOF when you bought your property?

Hi John its very interresting to see your journey as i always wanted to get a russian residency as backup however i have some doubts to interfere with my other settings.

I applied for a mauritius residency so i would not have or only low tax on income from outside of mauritius.
There is also a non dom plan which is perfect as i don't want to stay there for a long time per year.
after 3-5 years i can apply for a citizenship which opens doors to a lot of countries.I would even claim better than any european ones.
However as a backup plan i would like to have a russian residency too but would it colide with my residency in mauritius ?
Do i need to get russian tax resident to get the residency ?Would it interfere with the tax residency in mauritius ?

Can you elobarate the cost of the local chamber who is supporting you?

However as a backup plan i would like to have a russian residency too but would it colide with my residency in mauritius ?
There is no conflict. But you have to disclose to Russia where you are currently residing and the rule (Which can be bypassed if you have a good reason) is that you apply for the visa with the embassy in your country of residence.
Do i need to get russian tax resident to get the residency ?
There is no distinction between residence and tax residence.
Would it interfere with the tax residency in mauritius ?
Russia applies taxation on a worldwide basis. You need to make your own considerations.
Can you elobarate the cost of the local chamber who is supporting you?
100k Rub for the service plus around 20k for the various costs in state offices. I also have a local friend who helps me, in particular with the real estate.

There is no conflict. But you have to disclose to Russia where you are currently residing and the rule (Which can be bypassed if you have a good reason) is that you apply for the visa with the embassy in your country of residence.

There is no distinction between residence and tax residence.

Russia applies taxation on a worldwide basis. You need to make your own considerations.

100k Rub for the service plus around 20k for the various costs in state offices. I also have a local friend who helps me, in particular with the real estate.
Have you checked also currency controls? If you become "currency resident" you may need to check this part before receiving any USD/EUR on the bank accounts outside Russia

I’m not going to publicize my Russian residence in the West.
No I mean Russian gov has currency control laws for "currency residents" in Russia.

If they find that currency resident received foreign currency to the bank outside of Russia, they can impose severe (up to 100% tax) penalties on such transaction. It was a thing before 2022, not sure if sanctions made this regulation more flexible.

Reactions: run
No I mean Russian gov has currency control laws for "currency residents" in Russia.

If they find that currency resident received foreign currency to the bank outside of Russia, they can impose severe (up to 100% tax) penalties on such transaction. It was a thing before 2022, not sure if sanctions made this regulation more flexible.
Russia is not going to be informed of what I do abroad.

dude come on imagine the smell why would you ever tell them lmao