Our valued sponsor

Russia residence - my journey

I’m now closing the real estate deal.
I’m planning to deposit the temporary permit application in January, I am told I will receive the permit in 3-4 months. After 8 months from the date of issuance I will apply for a permanent permit.
I will post regular updates on the progress.

Reactions: jafo and JohnnyDoe
thread bookmarked / put on my watch list to follow your journey, good luck cig-:,

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Will do; now I'm travelling, so either in some lounge or on Sunday.
Done. 3-4 posts were not moved but copied, as I thought that it would be useful to have them in both threads. If anyone feels that some more posts should be copied or moved somewhere, please DM me or say it here indicating the thread (original or new) and post numbers.

Getting a Russian residency is a smart move, and I believe you won’t regret it.

Russia is a beautiful country.

While it may not be ideal for international business due to sanctions, it excels in quality of life, cost of living, and dating—likely surpassing any EU country in these areas.

I don't see any potential issues with having a Russian residency.

Don't sign in to your foreign bank accounts with a RU IP, some of them may block you. Better use a VPS.

Reactions: 12345 and JohnnyDoe
I’m now closing the real estate deal.
I’m planning to deposit the temporary permit application in January, I am told I will receive the permit in 3-4 months. After 8 months from the date of issuance I will apply for a permanent permit.
I will post regular updates on the progress.
Are you now living in Russia?

As you share your experiences, it would be particularly helpful to share what things you didn't expect or consider that came completely out of left field.

One knows what one knows, and one knows what one doesn't know. But often a person doesn't know what they don't know, if that makes sense. That is you may not only not know the answer to something, but not know enough to ask the question to begin with.