Our valued sponsor

Thailand's soon to launch Destination Thailand Visa (DTV)

1721993328932.png

It looks like I should spend that $80 to open a US LLC, even if it's just for a 5 year Thai visa, lol.

The question I’m still unclear about are taxes.
If i get this visa, do i become a tax resident after 183 and must start to pay taxes based on their income tax laws?
Your visa has nothing to do with your tax residency. If you are in Thailand 180 days or more in the same year, you are a tax resident in Thailand. Period. If that happens, you should pay taxes on your remitted income. If you have paid taxes before for said remitted income before, you might use a double tax treaty to get a tax credit or not pay taxes on it. That depends on your passport, DTT, and type of income.

Only the LTR visa has some kind of tax exemption or special tax treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo

Your visa has nothing to do with your tax residency. If you are in Thailand 180 days or more in the same year, you are a tax resident in Thailand. Period. If that happens, you should pay taxes on your remitted income. If you have paid taxes before for said remitted income, you might use a double tax treaty to get a tax credit or not pay taxes on it. That depends on your passport, DTT, and type of income.
“on your remitted income”

Remitted to me anywhere in the world
or
remitted into thailand?

What does that source say? I think you are just talking out your a*s. It seems like alot of people believe if you are a thai resident for tax purposes you will be taxed on your worldwide income regardless of whats brought into the country.
What I said is what the TRC says. If you don't know how to read or interpret a law is no my problem. What people believe or not, I don't care and it's not my problem.

That being said. Do whatever the heck you want. If you want to pay tax on your worldwide income in Thailand, up to you with the RD. I'm not your tax advisor.

What does that source say? I think you are just talking out your a*s. It seems like alot of people believe if you are a thai resident for tax purposes you will be taxed on your worldwide income regardless of whats brought into the country.
Section 41 states: "Thai tax residents are subject to tax on income derived from both Thailand and abroad if the income is brought into Thailand within the same tax year it is earned"

so based on that you would be paying taxes only if you brought the income into the country.

there is a new rule January 1, 2024, which states foreign income is taxed if brought into country, regardless of the year it was earned.

so minor change and appears that there is only a tax liability on income brought into the country.

Section 41 states: "Thai tax residents are subject to tax on income derived from both Thailand and abroad if the income is brought into Thailand within the same tax year it is earned"

so based on that you would be paying taxes only if you brought the income into the country.

there is a new rule January 1, 2024, which states foreign income is taxed if brought into country, regardless of the year it was earned.

so minor change and appears that there is only a tax liability on income brought into the country.
And what is the difference between what you just wrote and what I said?

you are correct.

And what is the difference between what you just wrote and what I said?
What do you think of this?

Last edited:
Reactions: churumbelo
you are correct.

What do you think of this?
nothing. Just chatter at this point. It may or may not change in the mid term (id expect it will change tho, unless there are pro-free revolutions in the west, which look increasingly likely).
Id rec a week in pattaya just to see how things work. But read the legal codes before going for extra educational purposes.

Court dissolves Move Forward Party

more funny news from the most pleasant failed state on the planet.
(Its not me calling Thailand a failed state, Id got it from a few articles Is Thailand a failed state? and there was an article in an indian paper as well but i forgot the name)
That is THE BEST state, then!

All these media-labeled "failed states" are those who failed to subjugate their indentured servants for the benefit of corporatism/multinationals!

We go where we are left the f*ck alone!

PS. Ponder on this...when was the last time Merkel, Obama, Macron, Biden, Trudeau, etc., made us a sandwich or gifted us millions of euros? :rolleyes: