Our valued sponsor

Thailand's soon to launch Destination Thailand Visa (DTV)

Court dissolves Move Forward Party

more funny news from the most pleasant failed state on the planet.
(Its not me calling Thailand a failed state, Id got it from a few articles Is Thailand a failed state? and there was an article in an indian paper as well but i forgot the name)

hey at least they arent hiding you know, this is something I give them respect for. Back in the west this would be done under some bs 'corruption investigation' etc etc so it looks 'democratic' and 'fair'

hey at least they arent hiding you know, this is something I give them respect for. Back in the west this would be done under some bs 'corruption investigation' etc etc so it looks 'democratic' and 'fair'
Yeah totally. Its a wind of fresh air ;)

That is THE BEST state, then!

All these media-labeled "failed states" are those who failed to subjugate their indentured servants for the benefit of corporatism/multinationals!
yeah, good places.
We go where we are left the f*ck alone!

PS. Ponder on this...when was the last time Merkel, Obama, Macron, Biden, Trudeau, etc., made us a sandwich or gifted us millions of euros? :rolleyes:

Reactions: jafo
#Bingo! 100% this!
My parents NEVER mentioned these things to me, and when I asked, they responded, "We didn't know either. We had nothing to compare it to!"
That made perfect sense!

Just making a quick update : I finally got approved today for the DTV visa (I did it online, linked with the Thai embassy in Lisbon, Portugal).

Bit long for the process but not too much documents asked (I gave copy of passport + photo + utility bill + one bank statement with 30K on it, no point to show 'more' or too much i think + I just wrote a 'contract' between myself and one UK ltd i own.

Cost : 350euro, for 5 years multi entry. I will use this for now from october, unless if they will put more (tax) benefit for the PRIVILEGE visa, or jump to the LTR later if I decide to invest locally in TH.

Last edited:
Just making a quick update : I finally got approved today for the DTV visa (I did it online, linked with the Thai embassy in Lisbon, Portugal).

Bit long for the process but not too much documents asked (I gave copy of passport + photo + utility bill + one bank statement with 30K on it, no point to show 'more' or too much i think + I just wrote a 'contract' between myself and one UK ltd i own.

Cost : 350euro, for 5 years multi entry. I will use this for now from october, unless if they will put more (tax) benefit for the PRIVILEGE visa, or jump to the LTR later if I decide to invest locally in TH.
Congratulations!

It seems quite easy to get it now, the cheapest option (with the bonus of not revealing where your wealth is coming from) I saw now is a 3 months Muay Thai course for around THB 20K and the application fee of about $400 at Thai embassies in Phnom Penh, Hanoi or Jakarta. That, with $15K in the bank, would give you the 5 year DTV for around $1000 total cost, or about $200 per year, or $16 per month, which is very competitive (even if you stay just 6 month for tax reasons, you save lots of time and money on visa runs, and you don't need to fear rejection by the immigration because of some missing return ticket).

Congratulations!

It seems quite easy to get it now, the cheapest option (with the bonus of not revealing where your wealth is coming from) I saw now is a 3 months Muay Thai course for around THB 20K and the application fee of about $400 at Thai embassies in Phnom Penh, Hanoi or Jakarta. That, with $15K in the bank, would give you the 5 year DTV for around $1000 total cost, or about $200 per year, or $16 per month, which is very competitive (even if you stay just 6 month for tax reasons, you save lots of time and money on visa runs, and you don't need to fear rejection by the immigration because of some missing return ticket).
thats a good one. Bonus point of not having an income.

the cheapest option (with the bonus of not revealing where your wealth is coming from) I saw now is a 3 months Muay Thai course for around THB 20K and the application fee of about $400 at Thai embassies in Phnom Penh, Hanoi or Jakarta
Cheapest option is in Laos. Application fee is 10K THB (less than US$300). Definitely no need for a paid 3 months course if you can come up with a tiny bit of remote work documentation. Some people even got the DTV with a dentist appointment to fit dental braces (no prepayment), etc.

Cheapest option is in Laos. Application fee is 10K THB (less than US$300). Definitely no need for a paid 3 months course if you can come up with a tiny bit of remote work documentation. Some people even got the DTV with a dentist appointment to fit dental braces (no prepayment), etc.
Be careful, in Vientiane Embassy they're rejecting people and they request a lot of documents signed by your own country embassy etc.

Be careful, in Vientiane Embassy they're rejecting people and they request a lot of documents signed by your own country embassy etc.
Seen a few successes now from Vientiane that have gone through without issues, even saying the staff were helpful and let them come back with more necessary documents on the same day to complete the application. Seen one guy that got rejected there because he really didn't have enough financial documentation.

I know that KL and Penang are being extremely difficult, as always. Phnom Penh used to be difficult but has improved slightly in recent times. Vientiane is a good option in the region.

only the fittest survive I guess....
I think 3 months Muay Thai might be the minimum requirements to survive a visit to the EU nowadays.
Using knees and elbows even people without much body strength can use Muay Thai to defend themselves.

(BTW: There is no checking of attendance or bank balance for the 5 years after receiving the DTV visa, you could actually just pay for it for visa purposes and never join any training at all. It's much better than the former ED visa, where people were asked to prove their Thai language skills, or the retirement visa, where you have to show enough funds yearly for the visa renewal).

• Haha
I think 3 months Muay Thai might be the minimum requirements to survive a visit to the EU nowadays.
rof/% smi(&%
Using knees and elbows even people without much body strength can use Muay Thai to defend themselves.
100%! Also, the assailant isn't expecting it, so the element of surprise is a HUGE advantage!
There is no checking of attendance or bank balance for the 5 years after receiving the DTV visa, you could actually just pay for it for visa purposes and never join any training at all. It's much better than the former ED visa, where people were asked to prove their Thai language skills, or the retirement visa, where you have to show enough funds yearly for the visa renewal).
I would always encourage people to do Muay Thai in Thailand, Jiu-jitsu in Brazil, Judo, Aikido, etc., in Japan, and so on.

Also, definitely enroll in language schools, preferably at a local college/university. One needs a bit of distraction, and these are healthy distractions. This way, we pump a bit of money into the local economy, too. We never know when we might need more than one character reference from tax-paying natives. ;)

Reactions: cryptofriendly

That's cool, do you have a visa stamped in your passport already? Will you get a plastic ID?

That's cool, do you have a visa stamped in your passport already? Will you get a plastic ID?

Not yet, I am actually in Europe for summer time, I go back in Thailand early next month.

As I know, with the "E-visa" process, you just have to show your passport at the immigration + showing your E-visa (printed) you received by email. No idea if they put you something special in your passport after or give you any plastic ID, but i dont think so.

I can make an update when I will be there.

Reactions: jafo and yngmind
Not yet, I am actually in Europe for summer time, I go back in Thailand early next month.

As I know, with the "E-visa" process, you just have to show your passport at the immigration + showing your E-visa (printed) you received by email. No idea if they put you something special in your passport after or give you any plastic ID, but i dont think so.

I can make an update when I will be there.
Yes, please.

I'm also planning to apply if that's so easy.

Yes, please.

I'm also planning to apply if that's so easy.

Regarding the price and the easy process for now, maybe it's a good R:R ratio to do it now, even if you dont use it that much. Not sure they will let open like this for months (or year) and in a that easy way.. except if they give quickly/soon a compensation / biggest advantage to the ELITE-PRIVILEGE holders...

Reactions: jafo and yngmind
foreign income is now taxed even if it is never brought into Thailand. The previous rule only taxed foreign income if it was brought into Thailand in the same year it was earned. However, with the recent update in September 2024 and set effective from January 1, 2024, all foreign income earned by Thai tax residents is subject to Thai tax, regardless of whether it is ever remitted to Thailand. This is per section 41 of Thai revenue code.

This marks a clear departure from the older system and means that Thai tax residents are now liable for income tax on their worldwide earnings, even if those earnings remain entirely outside Thailand. You are consider e a Thai tax resident if you spend more than 180 days there.

foreign income is now taxed even if it is never brought into Thailand. The previous rule only taxed foreign income if it was brought into Thailand in the same year it was earned. However, with the recent update in September 2024 and set effective from January 1, 2024, all foreign income earned by Thai tax residents is subject to Thai tax, regardless of whether it is ever remitted to Thailand. This is per section 41 of Thai revenue code.

This marks a clear departure from the older system and means that Thai tax residents are now liable for income tax on their worldwide earnings, even if those earnings remain entirely outside Thailand. You are consider e a Thai tax resident if you spend more than 180 days there.
where is that written? smi(&%

Reactions: churumbelo and jafo

Wait I think I misinterpreted this. Ignore what I wrote

• Haha