Our valued sponsor

Thailand's soon to launch Destination Thailand Visa (DTV)

DTV Live on Sydney Embassy.

Thought this wasn't going to go through. Paid 2k EUR to start the damn Startup Visa process. Oh well...

Please update here if anyone successfully applies online without the need to go to an embassy.
dont worry, some folks bought a 5y elite visa for 600k thb or the 900k thb and now this ;)

Thought this wasn't going to go through. Paid 2k EUR to start the damn Startup Visa process. Oh well...

Please update here if anyone successfully applies online without the need to go to an embassy.
Well, think about those who recently paid the 900k 5-year Elite Visa to find out that you can now get basically the same deal for around 50k (with extensions. 10k if staying less than 6 months each time) for 5 years.

I will apply for the DTV now and let you know if its smooth or not.

Just a detail but the 10 000 Tb (250€) is billed 350€ from european thai embassy (exchange rate 28/1 euro instead of 40/1) ange¤%&

NGL, this is a WILD AF list!
It's like they picked these by asking: Who can we pick for special privileges that would piss off the West (US & EU)?...and voilà!

1721216748921.png

rof/%

Many people are pissed off because of this. I know, by a Thai source, that TPC had summoned at lunch time today all agents that the company has an agreement with, to discuss the situation.
I know an easy fix for this mess.
They should announce tax free for life for all TPC card holders.

Last edited:
It is what I told my contact who said would raise the topic... I'm sure they wouldn't have any issues to sell many visas at the current places
interesting. for me, that is the only logical outcome.

And they dont have that many members anyway, with only like 40k of non-direct tax payers in a country of like 60m is a not significant cohort to exempt anyway esp since these likely can go elsewhere as well and already have paid quite a lot of "tax" upfront (much more than ltr's etc).

Reactions: jafo and toums
All through Thailand Privilege official website, so no agents. 2 weeks in total from the request to receive the confirmation letter.

Ok good to know, in case of the DTV is finally a trap. Look like is more faster now to get. What I heard in this forum + a friend of mine who bought it just before the price increase (600K),it was like few months waiting to get validated.

When you got the validation, is there a maximum deadline to enter again in Thailand? or you can go in like later in 2/3 months after got the TPC ?

Reactions: jafo
Ok good to know, in case of the DTV is finally a trap. Look like is more faster now to get. What I heard in this forum + a friend of mine who bought it just before the price increase (600K),it was like few months waiting to get validated.

When you got the validation, is there a maximum deadline to enter again in Thailand? or you can go in like later in 2/3 months after got the TPC ?
From the moment you receive the welcome letter, the time of your visa starts counting. That means you can enter 2 or 3 months later, but your visa will end 5 years after the welcome letter, and you would be losing 2 or 3 months of the visa.
Once you receive the welcome letter, you have to book the visa affixation 5 days in advance, which is done at BKK airport upon arrival and is very easy and simple.

Thailand is set to introduce the Destination Thailand Visa (DTV), a 5-year multiple-entry visa that allows stays of up to 180 days per entry. This visa can be extended once for an additional 180 days, enabling a maximum continuous stay of 360 days. After this period, visa holders must leave Thailand for at least one day to reset their stay period.

The DTV, priced at 10,000 THB, can be applied for at Thai embassies, consulates, or online. It is designed for remote workers, freelancers, digital nomads, activity participants, and their families. Applicants need to show proof of 500,000 THB in funds and submit standard documentation. Importantly, DTV holders are exempt from Thai taxes and must apply from outside Thailand.

PS. Someone attended the event organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), so while this information is not yet official, it is highly reliable.

Read the full details here: DTV Explained July 5 (Unofficial)
No taxes because it's less than 180 days/year, as it clearly says. If you extend beyond this period, you are becoming a tax resident, and they are discussing to soon introduce taxing worldwide income at a probable rate of 35%.
Sorry, NOT for me..

• Haha
Reactions: Radko and jafo
NGL, this is a WILD AF list!
It's like they picked these by asking: Who can we pick for special privileges that would piss off the West (US & EU)?...and voilà!

View attachment 7262

rof/%

quite smart imo; I think the thought process was something like
'ok guys brainstorm time, whos trying to scape their countries while still having some money to spend here?'

et voila

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
interesting. for me, that is the only logical outcome.

And they dont have that many members anyway, with only like 40k of non-direct tax payers in a country of like 60m is a not significant cohort to exempt anyway esp since these likely can go elsewhere as well and already have paid quite a lot of "tax" upfront (much more than ltr's etc).
Today someone has posted in the FB Elite Visa groups the same info I shared here, the he knows a person who attended yesterday to the meeting and the topic of the tax exemption was raised. Then, this person in the FB group said that they are already in discussions about the taxation with the cabinet.
I spoke to my contact and he confirmed that indeed TPC will meet the cabinet regarding the tax exemption (and other topics) for the Privilege Visas.

This does not mean that they will grant it, let's see. But at least we know they are considering it.

As it is Thailand, I could also expect that if they granted the exemption, they would do it only for new visas leaving the rest of us with old visas behind... Or create a new plan with a tax exemption... Who knows what they might come up with.

Reactions: A2934 and karlx
Today someone has posted in the FB Elite Visa groups the same info I shared here, the he knows a person who attended yesterday to the meeting and the topic of the tax exemption was raised. Then, this person in the FB group said that they are already in discussions about the taxation with the cabinet.
I spoke to my contact and he confirmed that indeed TPC will meet the cabinet regarding the tax exemption (and other topics) for the Privilege Visas.

This does not mean that they will grant it, let's see. But at least we know they are considering it.

As it is Thailand, I could also expect that if they granted the exemption, they would do it only for new visas leaving the rest of us with old visas behind... Or create a new plan with a tax exemption... Who knows what they might come up with.
I bet they will grant it ;).
Its only 40k members. Even less than 0.1% of the population. And its assumed this group is sophisticated enough to not having to pay anyway.
And this group pays much more in VAT than non-existing income on an income tax.

The good thing is as its Thailand at the end of the day, it doesnt matter much anyway
;)

An acceptable alternative: A 5y timer to express / priority citizenship (dual one of course). Would be bad for kids due to military but there solutions can be found as well.