Our valued sponsor

Thailand's soon to launch Destination Thailand Visa (DTV)

Yes i am agree with you. With the DTV and let's say a 'future' worldwide taxation, something fair would be :

DTV/ basic visa : normal taxation
ELITE/PRIVILEGE : 0 tax if not remitted
LTR : 0 tax even if remitted
Retired : normal taxation, except for foreign pension : exempted.

Yes i am agree with you. With the DTV and let's say a 'future' worldwide taxation, something fair would be :

Currently normal taxation is 0 tax if not remitted.

Great but Thailand doesn't operate on logical or fair principles. Granting anything retroactively to those already on Elite (I'm one of them) is really unlikely, if anything then it would be as a perk to sell the new "overpriced" memberships.

Currently normal taxation is 0 tax if not remitted.
yes yes i know but i was talking if they finally change it in a (near) future for worldwide taxation.

Great but Thailand doesn't operate on logical or fair principles. Granting anything retroactively to those already on Elite (I'm one of them) is really unlikely, if anything then it would be as a perk to sell the new "overpriced" memberships.

Hmm yeah, can be also on that way : 'old' elite 500/600K = no advantage and 'new' privilege 900K : they get it. let's see.

Last edited:

NOTHING is clear yet! So, wait. We don't know how the new upcoming worldwide income might affect each of them. For the moment I would stay far from spending more.

Reactions: A2934
NOTHING is clear yet! So, wait. We don't know how the new upcoming worldwide income might affect each of them. For the moment I would stay far from spending more.
there is nothing "upcoming". Just because some dude/chick uttered smth doesnt mean smth will happen.
At the moment, its in the same category as an "upcoming" civil war, famine, personal attack/accident. It may or may not happen.

yes yes i know but i was talking if they finally change it in a (near) future for worldwide taxation.

Hmm yeah, can be also on that way : 'old' elite 500/600K = no advantage and 'new' privilege 900K : they get it. let's see.
thats totally not the trajectory. The history are grandfathering rules bc these are the easiest to do as well.

Reactions: jafo
there is nothing "upcoming". Just because some dude/chick uttered smth doesnt mean smth will happen.
At the moment, its in the same category as an "upcoming" civil war, famine, personal attack/accident. It may or may not happen.
The same dude/chick as you mention, said the update last year and they voted inside 1 month. Actually it happened suddenly without even any big process (the "loophole" as they called it). So.. you have to wait anything suddendly and you definetely have to be very very ready to react.

The good thing is as its Thailand at the end of the day, it doesnt matter much anyway
;)
Don't say it like that, the laws are way more strict than Europe and USA, try to research.

The same dude/chick as you mention, said the update last year and they voted inside 1 month. Actually it happened suddenly without even any big process (the "loophole" as they called it). So.. you have to wait anything suddendly and you definetely have to be very very ready to react.

Don't say it like that, the laws are way more strict than Europe and USA, try to research.
Enforcement and the will to enforce matters...unless the target starts attacking the "self-appointed" rulers (wanna-be).

In the US, ***EVERYONE*** commits at least THREE (3) felonies per day! ***EVERYONE***! There are no exceptions, but yet, only about 5% of the population has been incarcerated. They have enforced it against only +/- 5% of the population. The US is strict AF (on the books).
You ONLY run afoul of the law if you f*ck around with the "incumbents." This is what an idiot I did business with did. Anyone who is looking for trouble, thumping on their chest, posting on social media, or "scheming" with attorneys, accountants, etc.., YOU MUST avoid AT ALL costs!

No tax agency has EVER brought a homeless person to trial for their "lifestyle!" ;)
Take a look at the Gypsies. No tax agency in Europe is after them! What is the tax agency going to get? :rolleyes:

There are NO mutes in prison! ***EVER***

Thats not the same thing now. It has been discussed in several places. It was only a special ruling which they just took away, the laws have been as they are now.
Not even a banana republic can change that much at will because you have many different gangs competing for power.

I did plenty of "pun intended" deep research, digging or falling even into more dark (or better pink) holes than Id like to admit on a public forum. ;)

have you been on the ground to see how things work? Id suggest a week in pattaya will certainly open (not only) your eyes. So Id just chillax and not worry too much. But as the saying goes its "up to you".

• Haha
The "world income taxation" is way more likely than you make it as the Thai government desperately needs funding to implement its election promises. So the only thing that will stop this is successful lobbying of rich Thais against it

Thats not the same thing now. It has been discussed in several places. It was only a special ruling which they just took away, the laws have been as they are now.
Not even a banana republic can change that much at will because you have many different gangs competing for power.

I did plenty of "pun intended" deep research, digging or falling even into more dark (or better pink) holes than Id like to admit on a public forum. ;)

have you been on the ground to see how things work? Id suggest a week in pattaya will certainly open (not only) your eyes. So Id just chillax and not worry too much. But as the saying goes its "up to you".
can you send me a PM if you have access please? thank you

I understand that after 183 days you're officially a tax resident, and you'll pay taxes only if you remit some money into Thailand.
However, according to my Thai tax advisor there are no taxes on ATM withdrawal.

Question:
Has anyone ever had to pay taxes on ATM withdrawal (obviously with a foreign debit card), and if so, how was the process?
I don't know how they can control ATM's.

I understand that after 183 days you're officially a tax resident, and you'll pay taxes only if you remit some money into Thailand.

Question:
Has anyone ever had to pay taxes on ATM withdrawal (obviously with a foreign debit card), and if so, how was the process?
NOTHING is clear! Some websites (tax advisors) say no taxes on ATM, some others say YES. And a new worldwide income tax is coming... probably (no details yet) but will be 35% based on the levels they have for personal income. We are standing by for updates & surprises.

Reactions: Radko

Question:

@wellington talked a lot about this topic.. According to him, yeah, it should be taxed (remitted), if it's income and not saving.

However in real life, except big traffic/big criminals etc... (like the example he posted with the russian guy with daily withdrawal in Phuket for total amount in millions in several months..), i dont know / didnt hear real investigation about that as a 'good father'

The "world income taxation" is way more likely than you make it as the Thai government desperately needs funding to implement its election promises. So th only thing that will stop this is successful lobbying of rich Thais against it
They can just print the money ;). It will come down to this in the end.
Tax needed to fund anything when they just print is a lie often told by govs.

They can just print the money ;). It will come down to this in the end.
Tax needed to fund anything when they just print is a lie often told by govs.

The whole point of taxation is to recoup part of the money being printed to prevent inflation from going ballistic. Public spending has been financed by debt for a long time now.

(I recommend reading about Modern Monetary Theory for those interested)

When you read some stories on some FB group/page regarding Thai visa.. Some were recently approved by giving as proof/requirement ONE medical appointment.. LOL. Not a therapy, or different appointments for 6 months+.. No no, just 1 appointment..

• Haha
Reactions: Radko and jafo