Our valued sponsor

How to become tax resident in Thailand? (I got rejected)

Then it’s changed - mine was 1 yr then 2 yr then 5yr and replacements from that point 5yr
Curious, you must replace your current driver license with a Thai one if you live there right, you can't keep your current license?

I recently got rejected a Tax ID Number (TIN) from the Revenue Department in Thailand, after staying more than 6 months last year in Thailand.
What area in Thailand are you in?

If you have a savings account the bank pays you some interest while they withdraw a % for tax. You can claim a TIN to get a refund since you are a tourist. Maybe that would work.
That should work

Came across this

Maybe someone will find some use for it.

Attachments

• thaitin.png
    thaitin.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 68
Curious, you must replace your current driver license with a Thai one if you live there right, you can't keep your current license?
I have a Thai license, If you reside in Thailand or own a vehicle in Thailand you pretty much need a Thai license not International...

Also home countries licenses are not legal, international is, but the insurance won't likely cover some things after a certain period of time.

If you have a savings account the bank pays you some interest while they withdraw a % for tax. You can claim a TIN to get a refund since you are a tourist. Maybe that would work.
I confirm this works as I said. I have just done it today.

I went with a Thai friend and they were giving me a hard time to get a TIN with the Elite Visa and asking for stupid things. Then I told my friend to show them my bank statement from last year where the bank withheld tax on the interest they paid me in my saving accounts. And I told my friend to say that "I was NOT a tax resident last year in Thailand and I want to claim back the tax on the interest, and they have to issue a TIN in order to do that". Long story short (there are more stupid things they wanted to do): they gave it to me. I took my lease contract with me since they require an address in Thailand...

You also need to go to your bank so they give you a document for the tax office that shows the interest paid in the year and the withheld amount. It took me only a couple of minutes in a branch by the tax office.

Reactions: toums and yngmind

Latest Threads