Our valued sponsor

LocalMonero to shut down P2P exchange after seven years of operation

Marshal

Pro Member
Jul 11, 2023
UK
Visit site

LocalMonero will be winding down​

The winding down process begins May 7th, 2024, and finishes on November 7th, 2024.
  1. Effective immediately, all new signups and ad postings are disabled;
  2. On May 14th, 2024, new trades will be disabled as well;
  3. On November 7th, 2024, the website will be taken down. Please reclaim any funds from your arbitration bond wallet prior to that date, otherwise the funds may be considered abandoned/forfeited.

LocalMonero has been “a cornerstone of the no-KYC Monero ecosystem,” and there is no direct fiat to XMR alternative today.

Further international and coordinated development of persistent identity, transparency and location under the AML ruse. And sheep like it :rolleyes:

I'm not against KYC and economic substance principle, but canceling everything that has anonymous and private attributes will lead to canceling the liberty itself.

Reactions: jafo and 0xDEADBEEF
I'm sorry to see that, but it's probably just the beginning of cracking down hard on everything that is anonymous. Much more of this will likely come.

how did you contribute? what do you risk?
I do think you can criticize someone without doing something yourself, you shouldn't go into the privacy business if you are going to fold the moment something is happening.
Well Bisq is still around and the way its structured it should still be running as usual even if the devs get the chills later on.

I'm sorry to see that, but it's probably just the beginning of cracking down hard on everything that is anonymous. Much more of this will likely come.

Freedom isn't given and should not be taken as granted. It's always won. And can be easily lost by complacent people.

Quite amusing and pathetic at the same time to see all these wannabe privacy and freedom fighters cave at the first signs of trouble.

Majority of people across different cultures are fearful outside their comfort zone.

how did you contribute? what do you risk?

It's fear of consequnces and retribution that paralizes people.

becoming a martyr is an idiotic strategy in every time and place

Your stance is behind defetism - as if there is no chance of any success. Maybe opponents want you to feel and think that their victory is inevitable.

The only rights you have are the ones you are willing to fight for, encryption would've been banned long ago if everyone thought like you.

We all lost first quarter and are losing a second. We can play to level the field for the third and fourth. If people let governments to impose mandatory key escrow for content encryption - as they did with custodial wallets - and if those governments achieve to incriminate any and all forms of anonymity, privacy and confidentiality in any communication transaction - be it interpersonal, financial, political etc. - we will all watch reprisal of Adolf & Benito :rolleyes:

I do think you can criticize someone without doing something yourself, you shouldn't go into the privacy business if you are going to fold the moment something is happening.
Well Bisq is still around and the way its structured it should still be running as usual even if the devs get the chills later on.
Exactly. Nothing wrong about being fearful, just don't go into the privacy business in the first place. And don't be grandiloquent about your fight for humans rights when you know you will surrender by anticipation.

Reactions: incognitbro
strong opinions and well-meant advises have no value unless they are backed by one's resources and risk - so once again boys... what did you do? what are you willing to lose? pathetic

• Love
Reactions: jafo
Totally expected! Smart move!

Satoshi would have NEVER done this: Samourai Wallet Raises First Funding Round in Fight Against Bitcoin Surveillance

Same as the Tornado Cash guys! stupi#21

Either you are right xor rich! You can't be both!

I'll say it again and again: Do you still trust Proton Mail ? ? ?

If they have a name or can handcuff you, it's OVER! No law, no constitution, no lawyer can save you...unless you have GREATER firepower than them! ;)

Peace Means Having A Bigger Stick Than The Other Guy.​

dev56"""

Until they go after the devs
Precisely why Satoshi was very wise to stay anonymous
Yes I have never understood why the devs of some of these privacy tools were public figures. The bare minimum is to go anon from the beginning.
Tim Ferriss wrote about this, and he's NOT even (really) "famous": 11 Reasons Not to Become Famous (or “A Few Lessons Learned Since 2007”)

I forgot the study's actual numbers***, but if I'm not mistaken, over 90% of people would rather be "famous" to exact revenge and rub it in the face of their naysayers. I never understood this mentally, but we tend to attract anonymity seekers on these types of forums, so we're in the "confirmation bias" zone, surrounded by like-minded people. ;)

*** - The study was about why so many people post private things on social media etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke and void

Latest Threads