Our valued sponsor

Thailand new change - world wide income at Thai tax levels to be taxed

But keep in mind, its a lawless jungle like anywhere in southeast asia (ex Singapore) plus you have 0 rights as a foreigner. So you need to adopt to this reality and interpreting written codes might not yield the outcome what it would in your western home.
In the West, the judges (courts don't write sh1t- they are inanimate objects) write "unpublished opinions."

Here's Chatgpt's definition of "unpublished opinions:"

----------------------------------

Appellate courts write "unpublished opinions" for several reasons:

1. Judicial Economy

• Resource Management: Unpublished opinions save time and resources by not requiring the extensive legal reasoning and detailed writing that published opinions demand.
  • Efficiency: They allow courts to handle a high volume of cases more efficiently, focusing detailed analysis and writing efforts on cases that establish new or significant legal principles.

2. Case Specificity

• Lack of Precedential Value: Unpublished opinions often deal with straightforward applications of existing law to specific facts, without addressing new or complex legal issues.
  • Routine Matters: These opinions typically resolve issues that are not expected to guide future cases, making them less useful as precedent.

3. Avoiding Overload

• Precedent Management: Publishing every opinion could lead to an overwhelming number of precedents, making legal research and the application of case law more cumbersome for lawyers and judges.
  • Clarity and Consistency: Limiting published opinions helps maintain a clearer and more manageable body of case law.

4. Flexibility for the Court

• Non-Binding Decisions: Unpublished opinions provide the court with flexibility to issue decisions without the binding effect of precedent, allowing them to address specific case facts without broader implications.
  • Error Correction: They often serve as a means to correct lower court errors without making a broader legal statement.

5. Internal Court Policies

• Court Rules: Many appellate courts have rules or guidelines determining which opinions are published based on criteria such as the novelty of legal issues or public interest.
  • Discretion: Judges have discretion to decide whether an opinion should be published based on its significance and potential impact on future cases.

Conclusion​

Unpublished opinions allow appellate courts to manage their workload effectively, maintain a clear body of precedent, and address case-specific issues without broader legal implications. These opinions do not carry precedential value.

-----------------------------

This is HOW they f*ck us in the West! I was a teenager when, at a Sunday barbecue, I witnessed my College's general advisor, the US attorney for an entire district, discussing this "off-the-record" with a district judge and appellate judges at his home. It was then lost on me, but my diary notes revived it, and I now realize how f*cking EVIL and malevolent these MoFos were (and STILL are...although not those....they are ALL dead of old age).

In the West, the judges (courts don't write sh1t- they are inanimate objects) write "unpublished opinions."

Here's Chatgpt's definition of "unpublished opinions:"

----------------------------------

Appellate courts write "unpublished opinions" for several reasons:

1. Judicial Economy

• Resource Management: Unpublished opinions save time and resources by not requiring the extensive legal reasoning and detailed writing that published opinions demand.
  • Efficiency: They allow courts to handle a high volume of cases more efficiently, focusing detailed analysis and writing efforts on cases that establish new or significant legal principles.

2. Case Specificity

• Lack of Precedential Value: Unpublished opinions often deal with straightforward applications of existing law to specific facts, without addressing new or complex legal issues.
  • Routine Matters: These opinions typically resolve issues that are not expected to guide future cases, making them less useful as precedent.

3. Avoiding Overload

• Precedent Management: Publishing every opinion could lead to an overwhelming number of precedents, making legal research and the application of case law more cumbersome for lawyers and judges.
  • Clarity and Consistency: Limiting published opinions helps maintain a clearer and more manageable body of case law.

4. Flexibility for the Court

• Non-Binding Decisions: Unpublished opinions provide the court with flexibility to issue decisions without the binding effect of precedent, allowing them to address specific case facts without broader implications.
  • Error Correction: They often serve as a means to correct lower court errors without making a broader legal statement.

5. Internal Court Policies

• Court Rules: Many appellate courts have rules or guidelines determining which opinions are published based on criteria such as the novelty of legal issues or public interest.
  • Discretion: Judges have discretion to decide whether an opinion should be published based on its significance and potential impact on future cases.

Conclusion​

Unpublished opinions allow appellate courts to manage their workload effectively, maintain a clear body of precedent, and address case-specific issues without broader legal implications. These opinions do not carry precedential value.

-----------------------------

This is HOW they f*ck us in the West! I was a teenager when, at a Sunday barbecue, I witnessed my College's general advisor, the US attorney for an entire district, discussing this "off-the-record" with a district judge and appellate judges at his home. It was then lost on me, but my diary notes revived it, and I now realize how f*cking EVIL and malevolent these MoFos were (and STILL are...although not those....they are ALL dead of old age).
I believe i stopped believing in law and order after 2017 when Governments (like the UK) had made it clear that tokenised utility tokens were not 'securities' whilst the US was going after such in the US, and that was fine, but then they started going after Australian companies, UK companies etc that adhered to the regulatory position of their regulated state, merely for touching the US, which would be fine if they went after for any aspects (and amount) specific to the US, at that point i realised there was no rules based process, no law and order just the US Legal system which is either built to screw people with legal fees or non-payable fines which puts a person into debt enslavement, which stops competition/innovation, and for the ones that pushed back the DOJ would then indict.

Then all the madness since Trump got in office and it started to show itself more openly.

I believe i stopped believing in law and order after 2017 when Governments (like the UK) had made it clear that tokenised utility tokens were not 'securities' whilst the US was going after such in the US, and that was fine, but then they started going after Australian companies, UK companies etc that adhered to the regulatory position of their regulated state, merely for touching the US, which would be fine if they went after for any aspects (and amount) specific to the US, at that point i realised there was no rules based process, no law and order just the US Legal system which is either built to screw people with legal fees or non-payable fines which puts a person into debt enslavement, which stops competition/innovation, and for the ones that pushed back the DOJ would then indict.

Then all the madness since Trump got in office and it started to show itself more openly.
This! 100% this! ;)

Reactions: wellington
What if tax is already paid in the other jurisdictions on the income? Surely double taxation agreements apply?
Thai tax rates can be quite high for various income types, so depending on where you are already taxed this would only be partial relief. Moreover, it depends on the specific wording of the double taxation agreement in question and you might not necessarily be able to meet the documentary requirements for double taxation relief

Lucky you! Some we can't use that in our favor because we need to be tax resident somewhere. Otherwise our home country could claim our tax residency and screw us.
Well, if this doesn't tell us all that our home country sees us as slaves...I don't know how else to wake anybody up! stupi#21 This is some real bullsh1t attitude by those who produce NOTHING!

Well, if this doesn't tell us all that our home country sees us as slaves...I don't know how else to wake anybody up! stupi#21 This is some real bullsh1t attitude by those who produce NOTHING!
Exactly.

And I expect in a few years they will switch to a taxation based on nationality, like the US. That's my guess. Countries like Australia, Canada, and western countries in the EU

Reactions: jafo
Just heard from a friend about a Thai friend we have, his account was frozen for tax evasion.

Apparently sold a couple of boat(s) and transactions were over a certain threshold, didn't declare and they froze the account(s).

I am calling B/S as i know for a fact when you transfer a yacht in Thailand you pay tax there and then at the boat log office (can't remember the name).

So i suspect it was undeclared income taxe(s) from working on boats (repairs) for foreigners -> which if you map out will mean services payments in Thailand will come under scrutiny also.

Will give more information when i know more, but apparently two transfers over 1.8m THB which is false as its all transfers over 250k that get scrutinised, and an account that has over 3000 transfers in a year in any account under your name.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Just heard from a friend about a Thai friend we have, his account was frozen for tax evasion.

Apparently sold a couple of boat(s) and transactions were over a certain threshold, didn't declare and they froze the account(s).

I am calling B/S as i know for a fact when you transfer a yacht in Thailand you pay tax there and then at the boat log office (can't remember the name).

So i suspect it was undeclared income taxe(s) from working on boats (repairs) for foreigners -> which if you map out will mean services payments in Thailand will come under scrutiny also.

Will give more information when i know more, but apparently two transfers over 1.8m THB which is false as its all transfers over 250k that get scrutinised, and an account that has over 3000 transfers in a year in any account under your name.
interesting case.

Lets hope they drop all of this nonsense and go forward there like the visa (from strict to liberal) as otherwise I see some issues regarding this financial hub plan ;)

interesting case.

Lets hope they drop all of this nonsense and go forward there like the visa (from strict to liberal) as otherwise I see some issues regarding this financial hub plan ;)
Here every week there is a new hub. This is a hub of the previous hub that was a hub of the other hub.
I have lost the count of how many hubs they have announced in the last months.