Our valued sponsor

OffshoreCorpTalk Scheduled Upgrade and Maintenance on September 25th

Can't replicate your issue . Can you share your logical resolution ?
Did you clear your cache ?
You cannot? For the screenshot, I can replicate it on any device. It appears anytime with a low page width. The issue is the following inline CSS
Code:
.uix_sidebarInner {margin-top: -75px;}
in combination with the CSS from css.php, line 10:
Code:
@media (max-width: 900px) {
  body .uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {
    margin-top: 0;
  }
}

I can reproduce it with almost any browser with a width less than or equal 900px. Any thoughts.

For the other point, You can check like here:
Previously, all those posts would have been merged. Now, not anymore.

Reactions: aniglo22
The merge function hasn't been activated yet; it will come later, so you don't need to worry about it right now :)

Reactions: Forester
You cannot? For the screenshot, I can replicate it on any device. It appears anytime with a low page width. The issue is the following inline CSS
Code:
Code:
  }
}

I can reproduce it with almost any browser with a width less than or equal 900px. Any
Code:
Code:
  }
}

I can reproduce it with almost any browser with a width less than or equal 900px. Any thoughts.

thoughts.

Yeah can reproduce it now . The internal CSS is the correct one but it won't get applied because the external css from the stylesheet is more specific (exactly 1 scoring point) because of the element selector "body" .
To fix it they need to change the internal CSS to :
CSS:
body .uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {margin-top: 75px;}
instead
CSS:
.uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {margin-top: 75px;}

Last edited:
Reactions: Forester
Sorry @aniglo22, not sure but can you check, I think they have both inline and css.php:

Code:
  }
}
.uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {
  margin-top: 75px;
}

But I think the problem here is that there is a media query applied to with<=900px which removes the 75 margin. This is fine. But then, the counter part on the parent (.uix_sidebarInner) is missing, which still has -75px margin. Hence, either both parent and child need a respective media query or none. Or am I missing something now?

Sorry @aniglo22, not sure but can you check, I think they have both inline and css.php:

Code:
  }
}
.uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {
  margin-top: 75px;
}

But I think the problem here is that there is a media query applied to with<=900px which removes the 75 margin. This is fine. But then, the counter part on the parent (.uix_sidebarInner) is missing, which still has -75px margin. Hence, either both parent and child need a respective media query or none. Or am I missing something now?
Yes the external css from the css.php endpoint is the one applied because its more specific " body .uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller" .
It will always apply the internal css , if we make the internal css the same specificity as the stylesheet . Because the stylesheet (css.php) is specified in the head element and the internal CSS further down in the document .
But the media query is more specific (from css.php) so we need to add a "body " selector to the internal CSS to make it equal specific .
Before changing the internal css :
1727956622844.webp

After changing the internal css :
from
CSS:
.uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {margin-top: 75px;}
to
CSS:
body .uix_sidebarInner .uix_sidebar--scroller {margin-top: 75px;}
after:
1727956743287.webp

The CSS isue you discussed here should have been fixed now. Please have a look and feel free to post here if you still have errors or find new ones :)

It's not me, the forum developers are doing a good work here ;)
Perfect. Working much better now! Your help is very appreciated as always.

Still, there is no back button - like it had been present in previous version - in the down left side; bloody hard to navigate from an iPhone when the OCT is put on home screen.
Previously, you could click on a new post in any particular thread from the main forum page - now you're landed on that sub-forum main page when clicking from main forum page; loss of time.
Post merger should be enabled in time to come ;)
can you check if it works now for oyu ?

Reactions: mraleph
Reactions: mraleph
Update :
It seems that we’ve also managed to fix the last minor issues caused by the upgrade. For instance, there was a problem with logging users out, which resulted in an error. This has been resolved today, and during the process (which lasted 2-3 minutes), there was an unfortunate error where posts were made from the wrong user accounts. There was no access to others' accounts; it just posted incorrectly.

Additionally, we have split this thread in two, so that ONLY errors are posted here in this thread – no eye candy, possible changes, or improvements (that are not errors) to make things better, prettier, or for personal preferences.

If there are more errors, feel free to report them here in this thread, the rest into the below thread.