Our valued sponsor

OffshoreCorpTalk Scheduled Upgrade and Maintenance on September 25th

Not automatically merging posts
Just not to overlook this – does it mean that before upgrade, your posts were automagically merged? I am asking because I remember that a (relatively) long time ago this feature was working for me; but it has stopped working some months ago... (Honestly, I have not cared, as with my access rights I can merge any posts anywhere – my bad, probably...)

OT: I am back from holidays, greetings to all ;)

Tested on MS Edge, Firefox & Chrome works all fine so far.
I performed testing with PaleMoon and Chromium on Linux platform – all fine.

After the new notification is read, menus can't be navigated. But, when the page is reloaded or navigated on any thread, menus are unresponsive before new notification arrive or browser is re-entered.
Access and use from Safari on macOS also works flawlessly.
As I can observer, only the iOS and iPadOS versions are affected.
I assume what the problem is - and that is a particular reason why I don't like Web design.
Apparently, there are certain issues on “small devices platforms”. @mraleph, would you mind sharing your assumption about the root of the problem? Just out of my curiosity ;)

aniglo22 said:
I'm using internet explorer 9 and nothing works :{

From Desktop, Laptop or Mobile device ?
From desktop or laptop, I guess. The only one mobile platform running IE 9 was Windows Phone 7.5, AFAIK; and these devices probably cannot run well today at all, I am afraid. Anyway, IE 9 is too incompatible with contemporary standards that the functionality of any webpage cannot be guaranteed, unfortunately.

Reactions: mraleph
Okay, can you try again... and just post here short if something works or not :)

Awesome... looks like we managed it finally :D

Reactions: jafo and uranium
Apparently, there are certain issues on “small devices platforms”. @mraleph, would you mind sharing your assumption about the root of the problem? Just out of my curiosity ;)

Back-end technologies shouldn't be discussed publicly ;)

But, similar glitchy behavior that I/we experienced with our management portals that has status notifications - it was related to database back-end, number of transactions and connections and priority of delivering those notifications to certain user roles, channels (in-portal notification, email, our mgmt application, sms and call) and devices.

Wherever some front-end and back-end needs to be synchronized as in web :rolleyes: I'm getting hair ns2 I'm fan of a terminal :cool:

Reactions: jafo and Forester
No my posts still don’t merge
Noted.
That stopped in previous weeks for regular users.
Also for me ;)

------

A new issue :(

In conversation (now called Direct Messaging) I cannot post a simple reply to previous messages. The corresponding field simply does not exist, there is just a button “Post reply”. It is necessary to reply quoting some message posted before (and, eventually, to erase the quoted content – this is the workaround ;) ).
PaleMoon 33.1.1 and Chromium 120.0.6099.224, Linux platform (Devuan Chimaera) – the same behaviour.

I think it is a regression, from what I recall, it was working during our previous tests.

UPDATE:

Another issue with Direct Messaging

When I try to edit a message M that I have already posted, I receive just a message
“Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested message could not be found.”.
But when I try to reply quoting the message M, this message shows in the Reply field, as it should :(

The same configuration as for the previous issue.

Honestly, I do not recall whether I tested this in the testing phase or not.

Anyone is encouraged to reproduce on a different platform / configuration, especially on a small device (I do not use it).

Last edited:
Noted.

Also for me ;)

------

In conversation (now called Direct Messaging) I cannot post a simple reply to previous messages. The corresponding field simply does not exist, there is just a button “Post reply”. It is necessary to reply quoting some message posted before (and, eventually, to erase the quoted content – this is the workaround ;) ).
PaleMoon 33.1.1 and Chromium 120.0.6099.224, Linux platform – the same behaviour.

I think it is a regression, from what I recall, it was working during our previous tests.

That is a web-design issue ns2

After gory experience with web-designers, I concluded that the best course of action is to regress back to terminal :p - a coloured one.

Report back to your web-designers and hope. Just hope. And pray that they don't f**k up the back-ends.

• Love
Reactions: Forester

PaleMoon 33.1.1 and Chromium 120.0.6099.224, Linux platform (Devuan Chimaera) – the same behaviour.

UPDATE:

Another issue with Direct Messaging

When I try to edit a message M that I have already posted, I receive just a message
“Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested message could not be found.”.
But when I try to reply quoting the message M, this message shows in the Reply field, as it should :(

The same configuration as for the previous issue.

Honestly, I do not recall whether I tested this in the testing phase or not.
Wow. Both issues seem to be fixed, as of now.
If this is caused by some quick patch and not by some solar eruption, hats off ;)

Again, anyone is encouraged to reproduce on a different platform / configuration, especially on a small device (I do not use it).

Sorry, Direct Messaging again ;)

After the last patch, I am missing “The last read date” info after the names of the participants (quite an important information, IMO). It was visible before.

The same configuration as for the previous issues reported by me.

When you read the OCT from an iOS home - install the app as add to home screen - in previous version there was a small back button on the left side at bottom. After the upgrade, there isn't. Can you put it back?

Previously, when you click on a specific post in forums list, you would be pointed to that - as a last one. Now, you are directed to a forum and not even thread.

Also, latests posts are for forum in general - per some time logic - not the logged in user, while previously new posts were actually new content for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke
It looks like it was an extension that was installed and that now is disabled, things should work fine now. We will get the extended conversation MOD installed as soon as possible again.