Our valued sponsor

Alternative to blackcatcard

who doesn't and can be of any use at the same time?
None, CRS reporting doesnt depend on the EMI/Bank, it depends on the country. And the only countries left which havent signed up for CRS, dont have any good EMIs/Banks.

The way forward here is to live in a non-CRS country, or have no tax residence, or live in a CRS country but that has low/no tax. And if you are a citizen of a high tax country be long gone from their tax net. Then you can be a client at a good EMI/Bank, and tell them to go ahead, report away!

Zen reports crs .. Confirmed by their customer support.
no, as far as I know EMIs that are not classified as banks do not need to report CRS. However a forum user posted link where it said that starting 1 jan 2026 EMIs would be required to report CRS due to new OECD implementation .
As far as I know currently only the EMIs that hold a bank license report to CRS (which is Revolut and N26 for example)

no, as far as I know EMIs that are not classified as banks do not need to report CRS. However a forum user posted link where it said that starting 1 jan 2026 EMIs would be required to report CRS due to new OECD implementation .
As far as I know currently only the EMIs that hold a bank license report to CRS (which is Revolut and N26 for example)
How about the underlying banks they use? I guess that, let's say Wise, has an account/s with XYZ banks, but said accounts with all the aggregate money are in those banks under Wise's name. And then, Wise, internally keeps an accounting on how much money each client owns. So the banks would not know how much each individual keeps in those Wise's accounts.

That's my guess. Not sure though.

Reactions: jafo
how do you accomplish this ?
Well listen to @peter taradash and the old timers about this! The whole perpetual traveller lifestyle is still possible today, as it was 40 years ago (even if some nuances have changed).

But in practical terms, get out of the tax net of the country you grew up in, especially if this is a high tax western country. And then dont spend enough time or create sufficient ties to become a tax resident anywhere else.

Let's assume your starting point is that you are a citizen and tax resident of the UK. Then you file form P85 and leave the UK, and make sure you don't spend too many days in the UK to meet the days test after you move out, and file the last UK tax return for the year when you left.
Then you split the year between two or more countries where you dont become a tax resident so easily, but it's easy to become a resident. Say for example 5 months in the UAE, 4 months in Mexico and 3 months in Ireland (UK citizens have automtic residence). In the P85 form you can put an address in either the UAE or Mexico in this case.

You could also live a longer time in a country that is so disorganised that you are unlikely to be taxed (Mexico might work among the listed countries here), or consciously live a longer time under the radar in a more organised country.

Last edited: