Our valued sponsor

Duly stamped and certified rental agreement required by Cyprus landlord?

7he8aah2211

Mar 8, 2024
cyprus
Visit site
Hi, I have a question regarding the validity of the request by my landlord asking for my Duly stamped and certified rental agreement. I recently had it certified by a local company as it's required for the Yellow slip application for immigration reasons here in Cyprus.

Earlier this week they requested their own copy of this certified version, I find it slightly concerning that they have requested this information as I think it opens up to identity theft, as such document is generally not required unless you are trying to open up a bank account, or other governmental related things to serve as proof of address. The landlord also have other personal information such as passport copies.

I asked why they require it, and they simply stated that they need a copy of this for accounting reasons. For anyone wondering, the monthly rent is 1000€ / month in Cyprus.

The monthly rent sum is already stated in our original rental agreement, which they have their own copy of., which would work fine for accounting purposes I imagine.

Has anyone heard anything like this and is this totally normal practice by landlords to request this information?

Latest Threads