Our valued sponsor

What countries still have relatively good banking privacy?

All it would take to get to your valuables is a €2 drill bit. Also LLB requires you have an account for it.
Not sure if they let you enter with the drill bit daytime though ;-)
Account is E200 deposit for residents of the semi-German speaking countries.
And that's really easy done, even on a tourist visa you can register with the city.

LI is not suitable for mid 6 figures.

Maybe spread things out across different countries outside of the EU. For example, the Barclays International account in the UK can be opened with a deposit of £100,000: International Bank Account | Barclays International Bank.

You can also open another account in the US, and maybe a couple others in SEA countries.

The rest in gold and crypto.

And leave a little bit to take your ex-wife shopping. It will make your life far less stressful.

• Haha
Reactions: vehzag and jafo
Why do you say this? :rolleyes:
I'm trying to understand if you mean we need to open the account with more or less. It's not clear to me.
Maybe spread things out across different countries outside of the EU. For example, the Barclays International account in the UK can be opened with a deposit of £100,000: International Bank Account | Barclays International Bank.
Great point! I like the £250K option, but I don't care for a relationship manager. What do they do for us that we can't do ourselves?

You can also open another account in the US
Any recommendations? State and banks?
a couple others in SEA countries.
For example? Any recommendations? Country and banks?

Thank you!

You can also open another account in the US, and maybe a couple others in SEA countries.

The rest in gold and crypto.

And leave a little bit to take your ex-wife shopping. It will make your life far less stressful.

Why do you say this? :rolleyes:
I'm trying to understand if you mean we need to open the account with more or less. It's not clear to me.

Great point! I like the £250K option, but I don't care for a relationship manager. What do they do for us that we can't do ourselves?

Any recommendations? State and banks?

For example? Any recommendations? Country and banks?

Thank you!

For example, where?

Xtrackers II EUR Overnight Rate Swap UCITS ETF 1C: LU0290358497 (Accumulating)
Xtrackers II EUR Overnight Rate Swap UCITS ETF 1D: LU0335044896 (Distributing)

I have the first one.
@scooterguy but mainly @jafo & @nobel: The original question was about countries that still have relatively good banking privacy. So not much about economic aspects and definitely not about 0% or 3,5% interest. Feel free to open a new thread for this (it is an interesting topic; I can move your posts there afterwards) but do not hijack this one. Thanks!

Reactions: jafo and ilke
@scooterguy but mainly @jafo & @nobel: The original question was about countries that still have relatively good banking privacy. So not much about economic aspects and definitely not about 0% or 3,5% interest. Feel free to open a new thread for this (it is an interesting topic; I can move your posts there afterwards) but do not hijack this one. Thanks!
smi(&% Sorry for my schizophrenia - I saw an opportunity to gain some market esoteric knowledge, and I took the shot! ;)

PS. To be perfectly honest, I didn't even remember the original question until you mentioned it, and I scrolled back up to look. smi(&%
I can't even recall what I had for breakfast yesterday! I'll pay closer attention next time. I apologize for my oversight! ange¤%&

• Haha
Reactions: Forester
Reactions: jafo
Just a resident? Nothing easier than that, rent a place for a month in one of these countries and register with the city.

No need to wait till you own millions to open an account :)

What is NGL? Where did you open an account?

did they bug you for some extended kyc madness regarding source of funds etc?
:) :) :) NGL usually serves as an acronym for Not Gonna Lie ;)

So I guess @jafo has just opened an account with wiLLBe (he possesses a suitable residency, AFAIK) :) Correct, @jafo?

Reactions: JackAlabama