Our valued sponsor

UAE: After Oman, will other GCC countries introduce personal income tax?

What will UAE expats do in case UAE introduce personal income tax? Leave or stay?
Would love to hear from members here
Oman is not gonna tax worldwide income from foreigners though. Turning like Singapore

Capture d’écran 2024-07-18 à 01.03.01.png

Reactions: uranium
Oman is not gonna tax worldwide income from foreigners though. Turning like Singapore

View attachment 7269
Singapore temporary residents (foreigners or not) still have to pay tax on their worldwide income as long as it's remitted into Singapore (spent, bank account, etc...)

Also, be ready to have a 90% flat income Universal tax within the next 20 years, worldwide.

• Haha
Reactions: Alonzo and jafo
Singapore temporary residents (foreigners or not) still have to pay tax on their worldwide income as long as it's remitted into Singapore (spent, bank account, etc...)

Also, be ready to have a 90% flat income Universal tax within the next 20 years, worldwide.

Not a f*cking chance! We outnumber them at least 300 to 1.

1721258368494.png

This is only if the withholding tax (or non-resident tax) from the source country is less than 15%. Otherwise it's completely tax-free. I doubt Oman will apply this kind of rule
Just to let you know; there was a proposal to tax Billionaires worldwide by Brazil (Communist Lula) with big support of France (always has been left-wing economically) and some countries and it didn't work out.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
The question is does one want to pay personal income tax to an absolute monarchy? Is the tax sufficiently low enough to make it worth while? How will the money be spent? Roads, highways or F16's and patriot missile systems. Oh wait your a guest in the kingdom so mind your own business and just pay up :confused:.

The question is does one want to pay personal income tax to an absolute monarchy? Is the tax sufficiently low enough to make it worth while? How will the money be spent? Roads, highways or F16's and patriot missile systems. Oh wait your a guest in the kingdom so mind your own business and just pay up :confused:.
100%
Hey I'm ready to pay taxes up to 10% in exchange for citizenship
Win win!

What are you talking about? People pay 45% taxes in democracies in exchange for literally nothing. Look how dangerous the UK or France have become today, or even most cities in the USA.
People pay 20-45% income tax (plus a s**t ton of other taxes) to literally live in the wild west.

Very few Western countries are left that are still relatively safe (Some parts of Australia and NZ, some parts of Ireland, and some rich suburbs in the USA, that's about it).

I'd rather live in a monarchy that taxes me at 5-9% where at least I don't get stabbed in broad daylight

What are you talking about? People pay 45% taxes in democracies in exchange for literally nothing. Look how dangerous the UK or France have become today, or even most cities in the USA.
People pay 20-45% income tax (plus a s**t ton of other taxes) to literally live in the wild west.

I totally agree with you and people have been protesting across France, UK and USA for years and venting strong resentment to government actions. However please try that in UAE where all forms of public protest and criticism of government are banned. If your lucky enough that they just jail you and you don't suddenly go missing then please let us know how it went once they permit you to speak to a lawyer from your jail cell.

What will UAE expats do in case UAE introduce personal income tax? Leave or stay?
Would love to hear from members here
By introducing corporate tax the UAE has already taken care that the income of individuals does not exceed a certain value. If you receive income from active business and it exceeds AED 1M - you will have to register it and become a corporate tax payer.

With this arrangement, I think we should not expect the introduction of income tax in the near future.

However, in the conventions on avoidance of double taxation between the UAE and other countries there are clauses that contain references to income tax - they left themselves room for maneuver.

The UAE exploits the factors of relative safety and luxury living in its favor - but everything has reasonable limits. Take one away and there will be a mass exodus.

Presidential elections in the United States can and probably will have a major impact on the Middle East as a whole, and most likely not for the better.

If PIT is introduced in the UAE - it's game over for them.
Why do you think so? People also said it was game over for people with companies there. As far as I see it, not much has changed compared to before the introduction of the 9% corporate tax!

This is only the beginning!

The reality is much worse: It's going to be 150% flat income universal tax within the next 5 year, also they're going to force you to eat bugs, aliens will use your body as battery and will probe you when you're unconscious.

• Haha
Reactions: uranium and jafo