Our valued sponsor

Private Account outside EU

Hi all,

I am looking for an account opening at Banks/EMI outside EU, e.g. Switzerland, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, etc.

It should be a serious and safe solution!
Which passport do you hold?
What about HSBC UK?
Minimum deposit 25k GBP, can be good as long as you you are not a passport holder of a problematic country.
Swiss banks are great as well, but usually require 300k minimum deposit.

Reactions: jafo
Not only in Switzerland. Maybe also in other countries outside EU/Europe.

Well only in case there is no option in Switz itself. IIdeally I don't want a bank in another jurisdiction showing me a false "CHF" unit next to the amount when it's not a deposit but a "payments receivable" from a swiss bank (or even worse a few more hops further from it). When shtf I'd like to have a real chf *deposit** exposure.

I might use the opportunity and spare a thread since it's on-topic: What are the options for nonEEA person to have exposure to CHF? Current / savings / investment account EMI / retail bank whatever just without huge deposit in front?
Many options from EMIs like Wise, Revolut, OFX, Amnis, etc. to brokers like IBKR to real banks like HSBC in Hong Kong and elsewhere, Barclays, CommBank, Evoca, etc. further to Swiss banks like Swissquote or Dukascopy.

But it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want to speculate, I would go with a broker that is focussed on speculation and then do USDCHF EURCHF etc. as you have much lower spreads than when you are actually converting. If you don't like the gambling and want to hold to the money, IBKR certainly has very low fees. If you want to use the bills, then better use HSBC etc. but expect some fees. Swissquote might be a cheaper alternative if you can deposit bills in Switzerland.

Well only in case there is no option in Switz itself. IIdeally I don't want a bank in another jurisdiction showing me a false "CHF" unit next to the amount when it's not a deposit but a "payments receivable" from a swiss bank (or even worse a few more hops further from it). When shtf I'd like to have a real chf *deposit** exposure.
when shtf this wont save you at all.
Best you collect biden bucks bills or chf bills and store them somewhere safe if you're in the 3d world without the funds for getting a real banking there and for whatever reason must do it.
swiss franc is nothing special at all anyway, when time gets tough they get a friendly call from Uncle sam and fold like a cheap suit.

Latest Threads