Our valued sponsor

Hope no one is using Ghost.

never heard of any of them.

Would be nice to get some input from @mraleph and others with tech background.
Check this site out, offers a feature comparison of many encrypted messaging apps, ranging from civilian apps such as snapchat, facebook, and discord, all the way to Signal, SimpleX, Briar, etc.

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and jafo
have used it to speak with tax authorities, so I feel it is secure ;)
Maybe you also used NetMeeting

Microsoft never had any product that was technically good. It is like Aldi. They have cheap stuff that has wide acceptance. And most of the time it is quite poor implementation.

When asking about which communication and collaboration platform to use, a use case and threat model are defining factors.

Rocket.chat for the broad audience, Matrix for some, XMPP/Jabber for command line lovers, Tox for criminals, Briar for schizos

We should not advise any particular end user profile - especially the ones with criminal behavior - to use any communication platform that may facilitate their illicit business fin4774" Seriously, there are bad guys reading these forums and I really pay attention what and how I write anything - no need for aiding and abetting indictment.

Of the humor, ToX and Briar are beside being decentralized solutions - hence, there may be (are) performance penalties - simply another jar with honey. Also, TOR may be implied with those solutions, so I would keep any content above private from them.

XMPP is a stable protocol. As an overlay, can utilize encrypted content - OTR, OMEMO, openPGP & S/MIME and other closed cryptographic solutions. By architecture is centralized - which is decent - but can be federated - which is optimal and clustered - which is perfect.

Rocket.chat is a not mature and is an quasi-integrated derivative.

Never use something that is created just for the purpose of defeating the surveillance.

Matrix :rolleyes: is a British blue pill :cool: Do not use it :rolleyes:

Sometimes, a properly implemented TLS - as a transit encryption - offers more confidentiality then any content encryption designed by youngsters can ;)

I've read controversial opinions about Simplex, also it is not mature yet and could contain various bugs and vulnerabilities.
so I haven't tried it myself yet, but possibly will in the future.

We tested plethora of competitors' applications, including Simplex. They all failed, even SecuSmart and Silent Circle products and some from

never heard of any of them.

Would be nice to get some input from @mraleph and others with tech background.

I already wrote about Simplex in

and generally about secure communication in

I will always share publicly what I can - as I believe in certain transparency posture. But, I will not publicly comment specifics nor go against competition.

Without secure environment, no application and cryptographic system can protect the content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and jafo