Our valued sponsor

Finding a Secure, Fast, and Stable Email Alternative to ProtonMail for Use with Outlook

do you have any experience with Axigen? if so, would you recommend Modoboa over it?

As a matter of fact, we considered all non Dockerized solutions, including Axigen for our needs ;) Paradoxically, Mailcow and Mailu have better performance as containerized.

The question is similar - perhaps not quite - to whether Mikrotik CCR2216 or Juniper Networks MX204 should be deployed for BGP routing - we would always select the later, despite the price difference. It's about features. Stub or multi-peer? What is a deployment scenario?

Mail package wise - we selected Modoboa - as they integrated known packages - but have a license for Axigen - they've developed new module for every email server segment - we don't and won't use. Knowledge that operator/administrator has becomes pseudo-obsolete and the package has steep learning curve without any reason.

Answering strictly - I would propose Modoboa over Axigen, considering the @EliasIT use case.

Reactions: EliasIT and void
I assume it is complicate for non techy's to setup right?

I wouldn't say it's complicated - maybe time consuming - including the DNS and domain reputation (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) setup.

With appropriate network policy (filtering traffic) and CDE/FDE, you would have a fully fledged and secure mail server that can exchange mails with any other domain.

I wouldn't say it's complicated - maybe time consuming - including the DNS and domain reputation (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) setup.

With appropriate network policy (filtering traffic) and CDE/FDE, you would have a fully fledged and secure mail server that can exchange mails with any other domain.
But it requires a good amount of experience with sophisticated IT systems and how they function. It's not something an average layperson could figure out, I would imagine.

But it requires a good amount of experience with sophisticated IT systems and how they function. It's not something an average layperson could figure out, I would imagine.

That would resemble a CAD/CAM software installation with plethora of drivers on a Microsoft Windows - follow the instructions principle. So, it fits the layperson perfectly.

Electronic mail server can't be considered sophisticated IT system fin4774"

Reactions: EliasIT
That would resemble a CAD/CAM software installation with plethora of drivers on a Microsoft Windows - follow the instructions principle. So, it fits the layperson perfectly.

Electronic mail server can't be considered sophisticated IT system fin4774"
When you say that, it’s probably true... ;)

Reactions: diro
When you say that, it’s probably true... ;)

Well, I may post the sequence and instructions in MGG for setting up personal secure mail server. Will consult with @0xDEADBEEF about that OPSEC guide for regular and high net worth persons we wanted to write.

There are far more serious, complex and sophisticated matters in - what you call IT - but the mail server definitely isn't.

Reactions: diro
I believe a lot of what the IT-savvy people post about is completely incomprehensible for us ordinary mortals, and therefore it's difficult to relate to all the terms and concepts.

But I will look forward to read you article in the mentor group