Our valued sponsor

Banks that accept incoming wire transfers with mismatched beneficiary name

I don't think this was ever the case on cross-border payments.

Again, please use DE-IBANs for receiving. They are known for consistently not checking the name and I can personally confirm this.
Which banks? A few years ago this was common in germany, but as of today, larger transaction with mismatched names almost always result in an account investigation or transfer return due to fraudulent abuse

WISE accept all names....you can write Donald Trump or whatever you want.....they don`t care, you just need a Business account....
In my case they didn't, I have a business account.

Depends of both banks. I am sending from time to time mismatched EUR payments from Revolut Business to Wise personal and every time they went through
The sending bank doesn't really care, it's all about the receiving bank. They have the ultimate option to whether accept or reject the transfer. I got a Wise business account and it's a UK one. Maybe this work on US accounts only, no idea.

Let’s say you have an invoice from a Company that doesn’t actually has a bank account and you need to have it paid by bank transfer (for accounting). You pay it to the personal account but with the name of the Company, therefore on the statement it will appear that the invoice was paid to the Company.