Our valued sponsor

Where would you move if you had a Family?

There's like half of population in Africa doing whatever they can to reach European shores, but some still want to move and live there permanently. Go figure.
different people have different preferences and utility functions - those who run away have no capital, seeking opportunity to survive, "rich" Europeans with capital seeking freedom and escape from being raped to support the first group - endless flow of energy in endless forms

different people have different preferences and utility functions - those who run away have no capital, seeking opportunity to survive, "rich" Europeans with capital seeking freedom and escape from being raped to support the first group - endless flow of energy in endless forms
True, but would you really consider Africa if you were really rich?

Africa is quite diverse.
Im quite ignorant on the possibilities, but Chad and Seychelles seem rather different to put them in one basket.
The latter was quite relaxed place during COVID lockdowns.

Especially when you're really rich Africa is a great bet. E.g. many people in the EU have family members from previous generations who made early investments that set their families up for life. Consider those who bought entire streets or buildings when real estate was priced at a fraction of what it is now. Parts of Africa are emerging markets. Similar opportunities might be scarce in the EU/US, but you can accomplish a lot more with your money in Africa, and I believe the long-term returns could be significant.

Plus, let's be honest, the cost of doing business there can be more manageable than in Western societies. ;)

Some investors I know who heavily backed a specific port in East Africa for 'pennies' just recently made incredible gains. Investing strategically in the right projects across the continent could lead to the same outcome. Just for fun, look at what the Arabs and Europeans are doing within the Telco space in Africa. Big money is trying to monopolize yet another continent.

Also spending a million on a house in Switzerland or Dubai will make you only modestly wealthy, but in most parts of Africa, that same figure will get you a mansion with staff.

Reactions: jafo
Especially when you're really rich Africa is a great bet. E.g. many people in the EU have family members from previous generations who made early investments that set their families up for life. Consider those who bought entire streets or buildings when real estate was priced at a fraction of what it is now. Parts of Africa are emerging markets. Similar opportunities might be scarce in the EU/US, but you can accomplish a lot more with your money in Africa, and I believe the long-term returns could be significant.

Plus, let's be honest, the cost of doing business there can be more manageable than in Western societies. ;)

Some investors I know who heavily backed a specific port in East Africa for 'pennies' just recently made incredible gains. Investing strategically in the right projects across the continent could lead to the same outcome. Just for fun, look at what the Arabs and Europeans are doing within the Telco space in Africa. Big money is trying to monopolize yet another continent.

Also spending a million on a house in Switzerland or Dubai will make you only modestly wealthy, but in most parts of Africa, that same figure will get you a mansion with staff.
Africa is Africa. I agree that there are opportunities where you can quickly earn a lot of money, but you can just as fast lose it all. Remember what happened to white farmers in Zimbabwe?

There's like half of population in Africa doing whatever they can to reach European shores, but some still want to move and live there permanently. Go figure.
rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%

I don't want to start discussing "controversial" subjects, but Africa—the continent and its 54 countries—is NOT what you and I are worried about. smi(&%
We are NOT worried about the land, the valleys, the rivers, the weather, the mountains, the soil, the beaches, and the "wild" life. ;)

1714950881996.png

1714951038562.png

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and void
Define “really rich” - I think you understand very little about wealth.

New / fake wealth tries to appear in in specific places in specific circles.

Old wealth / matured wealth just wants to enjoy life and experiences.

Africa/Afrika for me is the place I pre covid would experience culture - whether that’s natural habitats for animals across East Africa, kite boarding off Zanzibar, or diving the Great Lakes.

For me it’s a place my temp and my mind rests.

I’ve lived and done the European, Caribbean etc lifestyle I have a home in Switzerland I’ve not visited in 4 years this year - Monaco used to be my stamping ground, I’ve routinely done the Paris to Rome to Athens to Istanbul jaunt - it’s not for me.

Africa/Afrika is a great place to spend 3 months a year or 5 months with multiple breaks - it’s a location, a culture and it can fit around a commute a tax structuring nomadic lifestyle.

Nairobi is great as you can fly into Wilson private and from Nairobi travel anywhere (international/international) easily either private or in what’s basically a private air taxi service, city has a lot going for it - laid back yet youth on the rise so innovation and entrepreneurship is everywhere - I remember being introduced to the people behind M-pesa there years ago before it took off (investment discussions) - now it’s the core of nearly all regional trade.

It’s the hub that connects south to north east

I remember when my wife first stepped in East Africa she was annoyed there was barely any malls and it was 50 yrs in her eyes behind Asia (city life).

These days she yearns for being a Bali beach bum for a long weekend, climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, observing the starlight over the Savanah, skiing down the slopes at Grindelwald etc

I never hear her mentioning Paris, Milan, Rome, etc these days and she’s content with the idea of trying to appear “un noticeable” attire wise against the backstreet of the environment she is in.

In a nut shell - we’ve lived and done the stuff most dream off but after a while it becomes nothing more than a distraction or a burden.

Last edited:

Latest Threads