Our valued sponsor

Working for own UK company whilst living in UAE

Yes, that's what I would do. UK is quite good as you don't need to register anything sorry you leave UK. You may want to get a residency somewhere, best in a country that does not tax foreign income such as Hong Kong. Even the US would be an option as long as you don't pass the substantial presence test you won't have to report anything. It is important to have an address somewhere. You must invoice your company in the end. But most important is to stay out of UK.

I’ve done something similar but the difference is I have never been to uk and I am not a citizen.

I Set up a uk LTD, then opened a branch in UAE a few months later, and now working through the branch as a GM.

Then you should be able to apply to be treated as a non-resident company and taxable in the UAE. All the income the company has ever got was while it was operated from the UAE even before the branch creation, so should fall under a relevant treaty.

This gets complicated as others have said if you previously operated your uk company in the Uk, as there would be exit taxes for the company, and I believe you need a few years before you become a non resident personally and stop needing to pay personal taxes.

Latest Threads