Our valued sponsor

Which tools can track Bitcoin transactions and identify if they're received on Kraken, Binance, or CoinGate?

There's a number of paid tools available to private persons that can be used for detailed tracking and tracing of most popular cryptocurrencies and tokens (BTC, ETH, TRX and so on...), such as AMLBot - The full-fledged crypto compliance solution (investigation section on their Telegram bot).

Otherwise, mentioned solutions may work, etherscan, tronscan
I run an test with this free tool, works well. My question is, if you don't have an address to go after it is impossible to find any wallet. Only if I enter my address I can see that for instant it is a kraken address or with another address it is indeed my cold wallet. So if I never give out my address to any person they won't be able to proof it is my cold wallet?

When you enter your addresses in tools such as AMLBot you effectively give your address to be analyzed. It is a double edged sword. On one end you want to make sure you don't hold high AML risk coins but on the other particularly with "free" tools you are submitting your address and all addresses it has interacted with ever to be analyzed. I have seen happen you can have a wallet with relatively low AML risk and after it is tumbled through their analytics database to come up with high risk days later. In that regard I'd definitely be wary of services where you check your address if you want to keep it private.

if they find such addresses say in an kraken account together say with 60 or 80 other addresses they can't claim one of these are mine if I don't tell them?

Am I wrong here?
If you are using a CEX like Kraken then it is reasonable to assume only you know the deposit addresses of your account. Meaning you either had sent from your own addresses (SoF) or it was a business transaction or donation etc. If one of the sending addresses are yours it really is a matter of whether you didn't connect any previous transactions ever to you be it business or network (including sending addresses through messengers etc.).

I am very happy that I have found this thread and its topic. I was under the impression that XMR and other shitcoins couldn't be traced, but they can be, uh, that's a bummer.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
I am very happy that I have found this thread and its topic. I was under the impression that XMR and other shitcoins couldn't be traced, but they can be, uh, that's a bummer.
XMR is definitely not a shitcoin, it is one of the leading privacy cryptocurrencies without a doubt. It does work very well for what it stands for. For the average day user using it can be highly anonymous. However for higher value targets there are numerous ways from the network side or/in combination with incorrect usage that it can be predicted who is doing what. Note that I'm saying predicted as this relies on statistical probabilities from different factors, incorrect usage (e.g ignoring warnings or joining too much/too soon etc.) or incorrect bridging (transfer X amount in BTC to XMR and then use 99% of that to convert to BTC within minutes on KYC'd exchanges) and definitely not in a way where Monero itself has been cracked.

• Love
Reactions: jafo and 0xDEADBEEF
keeping my cold wallet address far away from public, using exodus to receive payments and transfer them from their to bitcoinmix and going to my cold wallet finally. That has been working perfectly for me.
FFS never use "mixers" because they mix your clean crypto received from cryptocurrency exchange with dirty crypto received from drug dealers, hackers, etc and in result you get a semi-dirty money with high risk score.

FFS never use "mixers" because they mix your clean crypto received from cryptocurrency exchange with dirty crypto received from drug dealers, hackers, etc and in result you get a semi-dirty money with high risk score.
that totally depends on the mixer. These risk-scores are completely arbitrarily and more voodoo than real.
Your address today can have a different score tomorrow without using mixer and just sitting still.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Is there a crypto mixer that is better than other mixers to avoid tracing ?
yes, those who did not blow up yet are better because risk score is low. ;)
Thats what I referred to above.
Lets say you use binance, if for whatever reason binance is deemed bad, your withdrawals would be very dirty, if binance is clean, the same addresses are not. Thats how arbitrarily metrics are applied.

Reactions: jafo
This thread has developed into a true reference of technical knowledge at a very high level. Thanks for all the information; I have become much wiser on how I can proceed with my plans to remain a cyber ghost.

So much nice information here I didn't had any clue about before reading that stuff. I was a million percent convince that XMR was secure and untraceable same for bitcoin mixers.
It depends...

I have a "few friends" who use their XMRs (and "tainted" Bitcoins) anywhere except "the West." P2P or B2B and have NEVER had an issue. Now, if you have £1.75M in XMR and you swap them for Bitcoins, put those through a "mixer," and then grab the outcoming "new" Bitcoins and send them to Coinbase (KYC) to get £(1.75M - fees) into your bank account...you can rest assured that the "capo di tutti i capi" under the ruse of "government" will knock down your door, confiscate your funds, and throw you in a cage! smi(&%

Now, if you have dinner at Gia in Hanoi, Vietnam, and XMR or Bitcoins are used to pay, I can assure you...NOBODY will care or pursue you. ;)

Now, swapping XMR or (tainted?) Bitcoins and having the funds deposited into your account or using them to purchase on Amazon or another "surveillance" platform will surely get you "unexpected" guests at your home doing a "controlled" delivery of what you ordered. ca#"!

Govern yourself accordingly! ;)

Last edited:
It depends...

I have a "few friends" who use their XMRs (and "tainted" Bitcoins) anywhere except "the West." P2P or B2B and have NEVER had an issue. Now, if you have £1.75M in XMR and you swap them for Bitcoins, put those through a "mixer," and then grab the outcoming "new" Bitcoins and send them to Coinbase (KYC) to get £(1.75M - fees) into your bank account...you can rest assured that the "capo di tutti i capi" under the ruse of "government" will knock down your door, confiscate your funds, and throw you in a cage! smi(&%

Now, if you have dinner at Gia in Hanoi, Vietnam, and XMR or Bitcoins are used to pay, I can assure you...NOBODY will care or pursue you. ;)

Now, swapping XMR or (tainted?) Bitcoins and having the funds deposited into your account or using them to purchase on Amazon or another "surveillance" platform will surely get you "unexpected" guests at your home doing a "controlled" delivery of what you ordered. ca#"!

Govern yourself accordingly! ;)
XMR is almost untraceable, so much, that North Korean hackers use them. Problem is not XMR, problem is chain-hopping, which is XMR -> Bitcoin -> XMR to a Crypto exchange and then cashout. Herein comes correlation analysis, let me explain it, say e.g. a person "A" receives tainted Bitcoin of value "$Y", they then proceed to exchange all of that Bitcoin of value $Y to XMR of more or less same value $Y, and then deposit the same amount of XMR to Kraken and cashout. Anybody watching the Bitcoin transaction will notice the same value of funds getting exchanged and transferred to Kraken, and from then on its easy. You may question how would they know about XMR if its untraceable? The problem you see isn't with XMR, its the Bitcoin, which has an open ledger, the moment you exchange your Bitcoin, you create the trace. There are also other technicalities which I can't discuss on an open forum, check XMR subreddit there are tons of discussion over there and the developers are also there. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/

say e.g. a person "A" receives tainted Bitcoin of value "$Y", they then proceed to exchange all of that Bitcoin of value $Y to XMR of more or less same value $Y, and then deposit the same amount of XMR to Kraken and cashout. Anybody watching the Bitcoin transaction will notice the same value of funds getting exchanged and transferred to Kraken, and from then on its easy.
while I get your point I have an urge to note that this scenario is first and foremost pretty naive and one can achieve a very decent level of privacy with a little more effort and time by splitting the transactions across time and exchanges

kind of resembles the 'experts' making conclusion looking at on-chain metrics based on whales hording more than N bitcoin on one address etc. while nobody serious does that any more these days and hence it has limited to zero relevance

XMR is almost untraceable, so much, that North Korean hackers use them. Problem is not XMR, problem is chain-hopping, which is XMR -> Bitcoin -> XMR to a Crypto exchange and then cashout. Herein comes correlation analysis, let me explain it, say e.g. a person "A" receives tainted Bitcoin of value "$Y", they then proceed to exchange all of that Bitcoin of value $Y to XMR of more or less same value $Y, and then deposit the same amount of XMR to Kraken and cashout. Anybody watching the Bitcoin transaction will notice the same value of funds getting exchanged and transferred to Kraken, and from then on its easy. You may question how would they know about XMR if its untraceable? The problem you see isn't with XMR, its the Bitcoin, which has an open ledger, the moment you exchange your Bitcoin, you create the trace. There are also other technicalities which I can't discuss on an open forum, check XMR subreddit there are tons of discussion over there and the developers are also there. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/
Wait....you just repeated everything I said before! How is your text different than mine? :rolleyes:

let me explain it, say e.g. a person "A" receives tainted Bitcoin of value "$Y", they then proceed to exchange all of that Bitcoin of value $Y to XMR of more or less same value $Y, and then deposit the same amount of XMR to Kraken and cashout. Anybody watching the Bitcoin transaction will notice the same value of funds getting exchanged and transferred to Kraken, and from then on its easy
==
I have a "few friends" who use their XMRs (and "tainted" Bitcoins) anywhere except "the West." P2P or B2B and have NEVER had an issue. Now, if you have £1.75M in XMR and you swap them for Bitcoins, put those through a "mixer," and then grab the outcoming "new" Bitcoins and send them to Coinbase (KYC) to get £(1.75M - fees) into your bank account...you can rest assured that the "capo di tutti i capi" under the ruse of "government" will knock down your door, confiscate your funds, and throw you in a cage!

What am I missing? :rolleyes:

while I get your point I have an urge to note that this scenario is first and foremost pretty naive and one can achieve a very decent level of privacy with a little more effort and time by splitting the transactions across time and exchanges

kind of resembles the 'experts' making conclusion looking at on-chain metrics based on whales hording more than N bitcoin on one address etc. while nobody serious does that any more these days and hence it has limited to zero relevance
Exactly! I explained the SAME thing earlier. I'm not sure why he rewrote what I wrote!:oops:

What am I missing? :rolleyes: