Our valued sponsor

Which bank you but advised non-resident uk. EU

I did. It was good for a while, but then they wanted "personal tax returns and TAX ID," so I had this law firm in Monaco I use to send them a letter , signed by a lawyer and an accountant, explaining that there are no personal tax returns or tax IDs in Monaco. They were asking for a physical impossibility. :rolleyes:

1722680370855.png

Source: Foire aux questions (Faq) sur l'échange automatique d'informations en matière fiscale / La fiscalité internationale / Monaco à l'International / Action Gouvernementale / Portail du Gouvernement - Monaco

They STILL closed my account! They insisted "the system" needed my tax returns and tax ID. They couldn't wrap their heads around it! smi(&% rof/%

This is VERY common with most EMIs and Neobanks I deal with! The notion of NOT being an "indentured slave" shocks the bejesus out of them, so don't think just because you moved to a TAX-FREE European Elysium that problems will cease to exist. Bank monkeys (and other below-average people) feel they can create "laws" in their own heads and apply them as they see fit because they adopt the examples set forth by "lawmakers." ca#"!

I did. It was good for a while, but then they wanted "personal tax returns and TAX ID," so I had this law firm in Monaco I use to send them a letter , signed by a lawyer and an accountant, explaining that there are no personal tax returns or tax IDs in Monaco. They were asking for a physical impossibility. :rolleyes:

View attachment 7427
Source: Foire aux questions (Faq) sur l'échange automatique d'informations en matière fiscale / La fiscalité internationale / Monaco à l'International / Action Gouvernementale / Portail du Gouvernement - Monaco

They STILL closed my account! They insisted "the system" needed my tax returns and tax ID. They couldn't wrap their heads around it! smi(&% rof/%

This is VERY common with most EMIs and Neobanks I deal with! The notion of NOT being an "indentured slave" shocks the bejesus out of them, so don't think just because you moved to a TAX-FREE European Elysium that problems will cease to exist. Bank monkeys (and other below-average people) feel they can create "laws" in their own heads and apply them as they see fit because they adopt the examples set forth by "lawmakers." ca#"!
Interesting, I will talk about this to my contact at VertoFX.

Reactions: jafo
Interesting, I will talk about this to my contact at VertoFX.
If I had to guess...and I'm really bad at guessing, assuming you had a tax ID, income tax returns, SOF/SOW, and no negative annotations/remarks on Thomson Reuters' World Check, you should be OK.

I ticked at least 3 of those boxes. Some of them multiple times. hi%# smi(&%