Our valued sponsor

What jurisdiction is a libertarian dream to invest in land / property and live in safety?

OKboomer

Nov 29, 2019
What jurisdiction would fit the following criteria:
* Foreigners can own land outright
* Rule of law / stability / safety
* Neutral geopolitically
* No tax or very low tax for residents
* Few barriers to import stuff (if remote/island)
* (Bonus) Ability to use crypto to buy said land

The idea is to accumulate a lot of land for long term and possibly to retire there to live in peace without being harassed or taxed. Land either for own use, or agriculture, or possibly some RE development. Could be a Plan B if the world ends.

Anyone aware of any such places?

Montenegro comes to my mind, I'm not sure with the crypto part but most of your other points would be full filmed there.
Crypto doesn't work there for RE purchases.
Rule of law and stability questionable. Can be dangerous if you're wealthy (and it's a small place where everyone talks to everyone)
Not tax free on a personal level, (indirect) taxes on corporate level growing.
Prospect of joining EU

Reactions: jafo
Malta is one of the closest in Europe.

No inheritance tax, no capital gains tax, in fact the only tax you pay is FLAT 5K EUR per year that only applies if you make more than 100K+ per year (and even this you are free to not pay and you will not be bothered).
No property tax, no estate taxes.
You are free to own and keep guns at home, even automatic rifles- some people even have AK47 at home. No open/concealed carry.
Rule of law is OK as long as you don't have a feud with a local.

Reactions: jafo and Houdini
You are free to own and keep guns at home, even automatic rifles- some people even have AK47 at home. No open/concealed carry.
Cool same as in Switzerland, I just read. Wasn't aware of that Malta has the same policy :D