Our valued sponsor

Swing Trader Taxtation

When you frequently trade they no longer consider it capital gains, they consider it business income.
Yes but it also depends on the account you trade etc. Also, I think in places like Hong Kong you don't even have to report such activity.

What about middle east, I think you may get well go under the radar too.

Otherwise you may open a brokerage account in a country you no longer reside C keep trading.

Cyprus does not tax any income from stock disposal irrespective of the type of strategy used
If cryptos are purchased through European ETPs, such as bitcoin:
CoinShares Physical Bitcoin ISIN: GB00BLD4ZL17 Ticker: BITC

The legal structure is listed as: Legal Structure Debt Security (ETP)

This would be listed as stocks and would be tax-free for Cyprus?

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-05 a las 23.14.59.png

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
But if he trades stocks CFD, I think he needs to pay tax or ? Because its a Derivative
Its taxable if the underlying asset is a commodity, but sales of shares of companies are exempt from tax.

Reactions: aniglo22
Thanks a lot for clarifying. What about interest income from bonds, exemption requires non dom status?

I only trade futures, so I have no idea about bonds and the interest, but I imagine interest are treated as foreign income, so I don't think there are taxes on that.
Also there is no withholding on foreign dividends in Cyprus.
Of course if you generate dividends in the US you're subject to the US withholding rate, which is 15% based on the double tax treaty the US has with Cyprus.

No need for the Non-dom.

Hope that helps..

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
So if
I only trade futures, so I have no idea about bonds and the interest, but I imagine interest are treated as foreign income, so I don't think there are taxes on that.
Also there is no withholding on foreign dividends in Cyprus.
Of course if you generate dividends in the US you're subject to the US withholding rate, which is 15% based on the double tax treaty the US has with Cyprus.

No need for the Non-dom.

Hope that helps..
So if EU citizen wants to relocate Cyprus without the usual non dom procedure, what should he do?