Our valued sponsor

Pitfalls with crypto taxation: situs of assets, and investor vs trader

You are absolutely correct, Sir although your response with your "my dear"s is a bit patronizing.
I should have phrased it "better for me"
Some of us are just cautious because we will do well even if we stay on the straight and narrow.
It is not a 'belief'or a refusal to do things in a slicker way. I don't require shock therapy causing a massive change in worldview. It is simply risk/benefit analysis based on my skills and knowledge. Everyone has only their experience to go by.

Are you here to share some actual knowledge, or just let us mere mortals know how pedestrian we are? ;)
You have set ideas & beliefs. The amount of time it will require, for example, one of us to invest in digging you out of that hole, is unfathomable! To get you out of where you are in your belief system would require us to dig down so deep...that it costs time, causes stress, and disrupts our sleep, throwing our circadian rhythm in a quagmire. The #1 predictor of ALL cause mortality is lack of good sleep! stupi#21

If you think your peace of mind is worth paying some useless and unproductive gang members under the ruse of government +50% of your income, who are we to try to change your mind?

I wrote about my Centenarian mom's experience of more than 4 decades vis-à-vis obduration and intransigence here: Crypto is going down the toilet!

Life is simple AF. If you want no problems with tax authorities (read thieves), move to a country where there are no taxes. I moved to Monaco decades ago! I didn't move to "avoid" taxes. I moved to spare myself from doing BS paperwork that some useless and unproductive dastardly parasite can (and will) accuse me of "falsifying." People ALWAYS get this wrong! coo-:!y

• Love
Reactions: cryptofriendly
If you think your peace of mind is worth paying some useless and unproductive gang members under the ruse of government +50% of your income, who are we to try to change your mind?
No idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about lawfully declaring assets but keeping the effective tax rate <5-10% for the next year.
We can't all get into a tax haven right away.
Yes my goal is to eventually move to a tax haven so I have no tax and no paperwork.
In this thread you've been supporting not paying taxes to Mexico and not declaring your crypto and I've been saying I don't want the risk that goes along with that even if other people get away with it.

O
No idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about lawfully declaring assets but keeping the effective tax rate <5-10% for the next year.
We can't all get into a tax haven right away.
Yes my goal is to eventually move to a tax haven so I have no tax and no paperwork.
In this thread you've been supporting not paying taxes to Mexico and not declaring your crypto and I've been saying I don't want the risk that goes along with that even if other people get away with it.
He means that once you have declared your assets, you can't go back and say you don't own anything, when they will implement some emergency wealth tax to pay the debts, or expropriate some of your real estate to host the unproductive who voted for them. Check the plans of the far left who are getting close to power in france for example.

O

He means that once you have declared your assets, you can't go back and say you don't own anything, when they will implement some emergency wealth tax to pay the debts, or expropriate some of your real estate to host the unproductive who voted for them. Check the plans of the far left who are getting close to power in france for example.
Thank you! I have a buddy IRL who is also my "interpreter and translator" when I address the "uninitiated."

We're using the same language, and yet MOST people have NO idea what we're talking about.
Well, back to work for me. Break is over. ;)

Thank you again! I hope he "gets" it now. :rolleyes: