Our valued sponsor

sumsub and various other similar services

ShillGates

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Sep 20, 2020
Used sumsub for lets an european emi and european address.

Then using sumsub for an uae address and uae bank

then using sumsub for somewhere else...

surely there must be retrospectively data sharing going on with these older financial institutions you have used in the past?

They don't share data, if they did that anyone would be able to steal someone's identity and use it for their own benefit. How?

You create a company, apply for a Sumsub account and get someone to verify their ID with you. You then use that ID and supposedly, the "data sharing" feature of Sumsub, to access accounts owned by that user, in other platforms.

There's a reason as to why you need to scan your face whenever you open an account anywhere finance related.

KYC is a poor attempt at controlling people but it is what it is.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe and ilke
They don't share data, if they did that anyone would be able to steal someone's identity and use it for their own benefit. How?

You create a company, apply for a Sumsub account and get someone to verify their ID with you. You then use that ID and supposedly, the "data sharing" feature of Sumsub, to access accounts owned by that user, in other platforms.

There's a reason as to why you need to scan your face whenever you open an account anywhere finance related.

KYC is a poor attempt at controlling people but it is what it is.
You then use that ID and supposedly, the "data sharing" feature of Sumsub, to access accounts owned by that user, in other platforms.

i dont get this? I am an end user - so this goes from the end user perspective? Which then relates to - if i give information 1 at the first session. Then 6 months later somewhere else new infromation at a second session?

You then use that ID and supposedly, the "data sharing" feature of Sumsub, to access accounts owned by that user, in other platforms.

i dont get this? I am an end user - so this goes from the end user perspective? Which then relates to - if i give information 1 at the first session. Then 6 months later somewhere else new infromation at a second session?
For a 6 month period you might give the same information to both sessions, so you do it twice (scan your face, passport, w/e). If Sumsub (or their competitors) used the info they got from you 6 months ago, then what's to stop someone else from using that same older info to create a brand new account under your identity?

So for that reason, even tho you register for X platform now, and then register for Y platform in 6 months, even if they both use Sumsub, Sumsub won't give platform Y info it got from platform X.