Our valued sponsor

Strategies for getting back on-shore

disagree

Aug 8, 2024
Portugal
Hey,

I'm very curious about this topic lately: I have a completely tax-free life right now, but as you guys know this sometimes is not easy when it comes to dealing with banks and stuff because you're perceived like "out of the system".

So I started thinking: what if, let's say in 10 years, I want to go back "on-shore", return with my tax residency in my home country (that is pretty tax-aggressive in Europe) and just buy a house?

Let's say you've been a resident in Paraguay for 10 years, and you have 3 million on a solid off shore personal account like HSBC or stuff like that...

I think that if you go back to the home country, there is a high chance they will ask you where that money is coming from... so how you prove this?

For sure.

But I think it's a pretty fair question to ask.

Let's say for some reason you have to go back to the "normal" life... And you have to go back to Spain residency, for example.

Let's say you need to buy a house with that money.

How would that work?
Simple: be prepared to surrender all your belongings and to be enslaved. That’s what the EU wants from its subjects and it will obtain it, one way or another.

Simple: be prepared to surrender all your belongings and to be enslaved. That’s what the EU wants from its subjects and it will obtain it, one way or another.
This is a very speculative bet to think you would be able to live a "normal" life in Spain/Europe in 10 years.
I totally agree with you guys, and for this reason I'm not planning to do so. But let's say this happens and in 10 years the situation is the same of today. Pure speculation I know.

I'm just curious to know how this would work in terms of how to make that money come in the new tax-heavy country without raising problem.

I totally agree with you guys, and for this reason I'm not planning to do so. But let's say this happens and in 10 years the situation is the same of today. Pure speculation I know.

I'm just curious to know how this would work in terms of how to make that money come in the new tax-heavy country without raising problem.

Just have SoF available in form of proof of dividends/salary.