Our valued sponsor

Should I leave myself off child's birth certificate?

Everyone, except OP, which one of us here would want an American passport/citizenship today? :rolleyes:
Why not? It's a strong passport and gives you freedom to live in the US.

You don't have to live in the part of the US that you don't like. You can live in a part that fits your lifestyle. And as long as you make a good effort, there's a place in the US for practically everyone where you'll be accepted and welcomed.

One of the best places in the world for doing business.

Taxes really aren't too bad if your income is through capital gains. You can pick a state with low or zero taxes so you're only subject to federal tax. Then you can use a lot of legal tricks to get your effective tax down significantly.

Of course, if you disagree with the US on basis of politics, ethics, culture, or whatever, then don't go get a US passport/residence. But I think a lot of people might be dismissing the US a bit too rashly.

For example, which ones?
No personal income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.

No corporate income tax: South Dakota, Wyoming.

No sales tax: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon.

No capital gains tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming.

Don't take that as gospel. Double check. Just copy-pasted from some recent-ish notes.

• Love
Reactions: mraleph and jafo

Latest Threads