Our valued sponsor

SEPA Bank + Card for Non-EEA Resident or Non-EEA Business

and today also rejected by Verifo with statement:

Firstly, we would like to emphasize that we value each of our existing and potential clients and strive to provide services characterised by high quality, safety and adherence to the best compliance standards. Please note that as a regulated financial institution we are obliged to comply with different legal acts regulating the financial market. This also includes relevant anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (“AML/CTF”) legislation which obliges us to take all necessary and appropriate steps to manage arising risks.

For example, the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing of the Republic of Lithuania (“Law”) obliges all financial institutions and other obliged entities to identify their clients, determine the beneficiaries, the structure of ownership and control of the clients, the purpose and expected nature of the business relationship, verify the identity of the clients and the beneficiaries, carry out continuous monitoring of the business relationship with the clients, etc. What is more, according to Article 9(18) of the Law, financial institutions and other obliged entities are prohibited from establishing or continuing business relations when they cannot ensure the fulfilment of the requirements indicated hereabove.

After conducting a thorough review of the information provided in your application and taking into consideration the above mentioned regulation, we have come to the conclusion that we are not able to provide our services to you and have to reject your application.

I really provided all the documents required, some translated and verified by notary and court. Company is legit with AAA credit rating in my country.
Well, this is really strange and it does not smell well to me. Verifo was always really open-minded.

Not sure really why it is so difficult to open business bank account.
Any additional suggestions that I can try? Would it be easier if I form company somewhere else, UK for example?
It's really difficult to say, lacking a more deep knowledge of your business and how it is running. Particularly Serbia should not be a problem by itself – I even witnessed, some time ago, Verifo having accepted a Cuban subject, so no political prejudices, I guess. (Of course, times are changing but...) Hence I guess that the problem could be either you (do not take it personally) or your business – this includes also a way how you present these... If you share some details, you might receive some recommendation. (As you might feel uncomfortable to do it at the publicly searchable forum, evt. feel free to enter a Mentor Group and describe it inside.)

Well, this is really strange and it does not smell well to me. Verifo was always really open-minded.
Lithuanian EMIs are pretty scared now (to speak in laic terms) and this is (unfortunately) no longer not unusual in my eyes.

I encourage OP to explore some mid- or high-risk friendly EMIs in the UK; maybe something like Monetley, Paydo, maybe also Multipass or Payset. Though I do not have direct experience with the latter 2, all of these should not restrict Serbia.

Lithuanian EMIs are pretty scared now (to speak in laic terms)
Well, yes – you are right, I must say. (And I am not surprised, when I see e.g. what LT regulator does in the last time.)
Anyway, my feeling is that the problem is is not only with EMI, in this case. I presume that here https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/th...ow-receiving-from-individual-customers.46275/ @vgahdmi123 talks about the same business. Re-read the first post ;) But I am just speculating :)

I encourage OP to explore some mid- or high-risk friendly EMIs in the UK; maybe something like Monetley, Paydo, maybe also Multipass or Payset. Though I do not have direct experience with the latter 2, all of these should not restrict Serbia.
Yes, in general UK should be better than LT, nowadays – no doubts. I jusr admit I am not sufficiently oriented at this market (of 300+ EMIs ;) )
BTW – I conclude that you have a direct experience with Monetley: could you elaborate more on that? I wonder mainly about reliability. (They offer just account, not card, correct?)
Multipass and Payset (especially the former) represent fairly expensive solutions. Interpolitan Money comes to my mind, too.

Reactions: ilke
For those who ask what is business about, it is VPN Business, subscription model, I have play store app with 1.5k+ users, they pay 1 month, 6 month or 12 month subscribtion.
Nothing too weird, there are many other VPN business.
I have all paperwork, business is paying taxes in my country, funds are received on bank account or via credit card.

The only issue why I am searching for EMI is that 40% of the users does not want to pay by credit card and there is where I am losing the money, since we are not in SEPA, bank takes 13 Eur out of 50 Eur i receive for subscribtion which is nuts. then i spend additional %% on taxes which kills my profit margin.

Well, yes – you are right, I must say. (And I am not surprised, when I see e.g. what LT regulator does in the last time.)
Anyway, my feeling is that the problem is is not only with EMI, in this case. I presume that here https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/th...ow-receiving-from-individual-customers.46275/ @vgahdmi123 talks about the same business. Re-read the first post ;) But I am just speculating :)
Unfortunately, the Lithuanian regulator truly has been quite crazy in the time surrounding now.

I don't think that the VPN solution of @vgahdmi123 is super complex or risky, however, EMIs generally try to avoid C2B regardless of the type or purpose.
BTW – I conclude that you have a direct experience with Monetley: could you elaborate more on that? I wonder mainly about reliability. (They offer just account, not card, correct?)
Yes, it is a simple but quite good e-money account with SEPA and SEPA instant clearing. There is not many extra features and I think you are correct, they don't have card issuing.
Multipass and Payset (especially the former) represent fairly expensive solutions. Interpolitan Money comes to my mind, too.
True, they are not cheap solutions. Interpolitan could work, have not tried them before due to no need but I know that they make 'on-demand' solutions fitting to this risk type and involved countries.

Reactions: Forester
For those who ask what is business about, it is VPN Business, subscription model, I have play store app with 1.5k+ users, they pay 1 month, 6 month or 12 month subscribtion.
Nothing too weird, there are many other VPN business.
Oh well. I must admit I did a different speculation when I saw the words “sw licences”. This changes the game.

I have all paperwork, business is paying taxes in my country, funds are received on bank account or via credit card.
OK.

The only issue why I am searching for EMI is that 40% of the users does not want to pay by credit card
Understandable.

bank takes 13 Eur out of 50 Eur
OMG.

i receive for subscribtion which is nuts. then i spend additional %% on taxes which kills my profit margin.
Sure.
I have certain idea but rather not for a public sharing. Can you enter Mentor Group, or can I send you a DM?

I don't think that the VPN solution of @vgahdmi123 is super complex or risky,
Exactly.

however, EMIs generally try to avoid C2B regardless of the type or purpose.
True; but still I consider this case being strange a bit.

Yes, it is a simple but quite good e-money account with SEPA and SEPA instant clearing. There is not many extra features and I think you are correct, they don't have card issuing.

True, they are not cheap solutions. Interpolitan could work, have not tried them before due to no need but I know that they make 'on-demand' solutions fitting to this risk type and involved countries.
OK. Thanks!