Our valued sponsor

Seeking Expert Advice for Securing My New Lenovo Laptop

this is just yet another company that flashes Coreboot on laptops made by Clevo.

View attachment 7912

I've seen like a dozen of companies doing very same, how does Nova differ from System76, Viking Computer, ThinkPenguin and all other "privacy friendly" resellers of Clevo?
Purism at least tries to build their own laptops, not simply resell the chinese ones.

From that perspective yes...but they are geographically uncorrelated to North American customers, accept crypto as payment, and last time I checked offered more configurability and a lower price than some of the competition. Of course, one can always find a compatible machine (new/used) and perform a DIY install of Coreboot.

sorry for the offtopic.

The server machine is DELL EMC R960 with PERC H965i;
I have checked PERC H330 and it definitely does not run Linux, no any mentions at the boot time and nothing looking like Linux in the card's firmware.
however PERC H965i could have Linux inside as it is much more powerful than H330 and built on a different CPU architecture - ARM rather than PowerPC in H330.
please make a screenshot when you would reboot this server or any other server with the same card, it will be fun if it really runs Linux.

this is just yet another company that flashes Coreboot on laptops made by Clevo.

View attachment 7912

I've seen like a dozen of companies doing very same, how does Nova differ from System76, Viking Computer, ThinkPenguin and all other "privacy friendly" resellers of Clevo?
Purism at least tries to build their own laptops, not simply resell the chinese ones.
you say this is who produce the Lenovo computer ?

secure it against what?

why using protected drive(i guess that is a container) with VeraCrypt? do full disk encryption.
password protect your bios(different password than the one for vera).

antivirus any would work, even windows defender.
i recommend doing random internet browsing in vitual machine, or windows sandbox.
consider installing comodo firewall.

that's about it that you can do.

you can also ask @0xDEADBEEF and @mraleph
It generally helps, if nothing else, to ensure that no one in your immediate circle or other non-technical but curious individuals can find your documents.