Our valued sponsor

Please teach me how to become a digital nomad from the beginning?

Do you really consider to give up everything at home and start travelling the globe as a digital nomad?

So far, I’m just thinking it over and drafting a plan on how it could be done. There are some good points here that I’m working with, which are leading me towards an action plan if it becomes a reality. So, feel free to share all your good suggestions.

You can just move to another country, go nomadic for a while, explore the other countries, and then settle in the one you like.
troll¤##

Reactions: Houdini and cuno
If you live in a high tax over regulated jurisdiction. First move to a low tax haven. From European perspective, move to for instance Cyprus.

See what you have to organise and then decide what ties you can cut.

Banks are the biggest headache. They require physical addresses. SIM cards aren't a problem anymore especially not, now that we have esims.
Another one to keep in mind is passports, drivers license and other government issued documents.

In short, live in that low tax haven for 1-2 years, meticulously track everything and then make the move to go full nomad or keep that Cyprus setup which works quite well because in itself Cyprus is very laid back.

* Cyprus being an example. Malta or some Eastern European countries could also work.

Reactions: Houdini
Banks are the biggest headache. They require physical addresses.
That's the biggest problem how you keep your bank account opened if you don't have a real perma address. Photoshop may be your best friend in this case.

That's the biggest problem how you keep your bank account opened if you don't have a real perma address. Photoshop may be your best friend in this case.
No need for Photoshop. They won't close it. Toy just out for online only and keep it.

US
If they send you debit cards all 6 years, you use the address of a hotel and go the for once night once shipped. They will give it to you at check-in.

UK
You tell the bank that you have a "community mailbox" (it is one hole in a front door leading to many apartments. They will then keep it at the bank for collection. If you don't use your card regularly, they won't send a new one upon expiration.

AU, NZ
If you don't use your card regularly, they won't send a new one upon expiration.

Causasus, Central Asia
It is very common to pick up cards at the bank. They all offer multi currency accounts with as least USD and EUR.

As mentioned before, better do some business, good suppliers are usually very open to accept cards for you.

You tell the bank that you have a "community mailbox" (it is one hole in a front door leading to many apartments. They will then keep it at the bank for collection. If you don't use your card regularly, they won't send a new one upon expiration.
that culd work, I',m not from the UK but it may apply for anywhere you live.