Our valued sponsor

‘Petrified’ non-doms poised to flee UK over Labour’s tax plans

Meanwhile:

Cost of taxpayer-funded grant for UK monarchy to rise by £45m

IMG_9573.jpeg

Meanwhile UK public have to pay IHT but King Charles paid NONE. And UK tax payers have to pay for him is cherry on top. Well I guess if you allow yourself to be a subject of the crown and live within his kingdom [United Kingdom] you only got yourself to blame for being taken for a ride.

King Charles III won't pay any inheritance tax on his massive gain​

---- quote start

King Charles III has ascended to the U.K. throne, but he won't have to pay the U.K.'s inheritance tax on the massive wealth he inherits from his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II. That's because of a deal the royals made with the government nearly 30 years ago.

Regular citizens must pay the standard inheritance tax rate of 40% on any part of an estate that's valued above a threshold of 325,000 pounds (about $374,000). There are common exceptions, such as money left to a spouse or a charity.

But under an agreement with the monarchy that then-Prime Minister John Major announced in 1993, assets passing from a sovereign to their successor aren't subject to the inheritance tax.

---- quote end

Never mind being a non-dom if I lived in UK and had money I would move rather than be treated with contempt by the system that will tax your income then tax your wealth again at 40% after you pass.

Reactions: polonieth