Our valued sponsor

Pavel Durov Arrested France

Do you think a HK sim with WeChat is good enough? Or are there advantages using a Mainland Chinese number?
I only go with mainland! Also, use a scapegoat (mainlander) for a mainland number. So, in the off-chance that the West gets a local "traitor" (=dead man walking on the mainland, but...yeah...the brainwash is strong The CIA falsely believed it was 'invincible' in China — here's how its spies were reportedly discovered and killed in one of the biggest blows to the agency. ), they'll get the name, e.g., Wáng Wěi 王伟
Nothing will EVER come out of that!

Now, if the number returns an owner's name, e.g., "Jafo Payne,"...you can rest assured I will be in a LOT of pain! No pun intended smi(&%
Remember, nowadays, they do NOT need a conviction. A simple entry in Thomson Reuters and most of my accounts, if not all, will be closed or maybe just a phone call or a visit... You know.... the "off-the-record ongoing criminal investigation into money l......., child tr....., the big T., and f3nt@ny1 distribution." :oops:

That's why I INSIST my clients overseas use Huawei's latest flagship devices and MeeTime. This one:
MeeTime.png

We use the Wallet for payment! Seven and eight digits go through faster than we could pour ourselves a Macallan M Black glass.

WeChat is also good, but Tencent has an ADR. I have plenty of Tencent's ADR.

I mean, they could be "pressured." I don't know, and I don't want to find out.

On the other hand, Huawei is NOT a public company, and there are NO shares that can be bought.
1726843506286.png

I'm unsure about their Chinese claim, but I don't care! The first time China tries to extradite a non-Chinese person from overseas who has NEVER been to China...I'll start to worry! ;)

Do you think a HK sim with WeChat is good enough? Or are there advantages using a Mainland Chinese number?
Both HK and mainland SIM cards have owner registrations. Mainland SIM cards are getting harder and harder to get and the normally cost about 2 USD per month to keep the number. I would recommend asking a mainland friend to get the card in his name. If you are scared of the west, better rely on a mainland card rather than a Hong Kong card as all data will pass through Hong Kong. You can access Google and Facebook etc. on a Hong Kong SIM in China on roaming. If you want this, then this is a good alternative. You can also get a mainland number on most Hong Kong SIM for the small fee of 2.5 USD per month.

I remember reading about this a few years ago, unsure if its been resumed, or whether China now intends to keep it cancelled.

I imagine outside of terrorism, fraud etc, i.e generic business activities its pretty much closed book from the perspective of US/China relations on such.

Note all data transfers either via cable or via satellite.

So all data transacts through US Centric (owned/operated) networks -> they pull data off them one way or the other.

If its privacy focused i doubt they'd care too much but if crime focused i always look at the US Gov as like Communist Russia and a library of information on everyone, that way they can slam the hammer when they need to.

Reactions: jesuschrist
I remember reading about this a few years ago, unsure if its been resumed, or whether China now intends to keep it cancelled.

I imagine outside of terrorism, fraud etc, i.e generic business activities its pretty much closed book from the perspective of US/China relations on such.

Note all data transfers either via cable or via satellite.

So all data transacts through US Centric (owned/operated) networks -> they pull data off them one way or the other.

If its privacy focused i doubt they'd care too much but if crime focused i always look at the US Gov as like Communist Russia and a library of information on everyone, that way they can slam the hammer when they need to.

Yes, and in the case of Snowden they treaty also did not help much.

You can see a list of current treaties here:

Executice Order 13936 of July 14, 2020
has been extended each year, last time on July 10, 2024

I only go with mainland!
Thank you Jafo for the detailed guide, I learned more from you about China than from anyone else! :)
Mainland SIM cards are getting harder and harder to get and the normally cost about 2 USD per month to keep the number.
Thank you, how can you pay the monthly fee outside of China? From WeChat balance, or something similar?
And what makes you think that China and Russia aren’t doing exactly the same in terms of surveillance, backdoors, etc., as the rest of the world?
I think the point is as I understand if a taxman from an EU country calls China to request your chat logs from a Chinese app, they will tell them the requested account belongs to a Chinese person named Lee Wang and wish them a good luck getting more information.

If it is a crime China very likely would assist them but if it is just about a small European country wants to get information about a citizen's tax info or general business stuff, I don't think China cares about that enough to share it with them.

Reactions: jafo
Thank you Jafo for the detailed guide, I learned more from you about China than from anyone else! :)

Thank you, how can you pay the monthly fee outside of China? From WeChat balance, or something similar?

I think the point is as I understand if a taxman from an EU country calls China to request your chat logs from a Chinese app, they will tell them the requested account belongs to a Chinese person named Lee Wang and wish them a good luck getting more information.

If it is a crime China very likely would assist them but if it is just about a small European country wants to get information about a citizen's tax info or general business stuff, I don't think China cares about that enough to share it with them.
Tax data is shared everywhere as every state is incentivized with a carrot or a stick

If you wish to break the law Chinese/russian come will still have that data and likely share on demand.

If you just want privacy away from the Western state apparatus for legit purposes then your states enemies coms solutions are a solution - hence the US freaking over Badu and TikTok etc

The old adage “the enemy of my enemy is my friend = the enemy of my country keeps my raunchy messages to itself”.

Yes. WeChat. But be careful with those numbers. I highly recommend you to use one of you friend. I know people who have complimentary cards with their plan. Otherwise first read this page