Our valued sponsor

Ordered Trezor Safe 5 online, check this statement?

It's all very good, I don't attack you, I just find it strange all of it. It is a clear picture your can't trust Trezor
valid stance

Also do you know if the crypto address this device may already have or generate once you take it in use is connected to your invoice you get when you purchase the device?
I don't know
but trezor firmware is open source, you can have a look, compile, deploy and be happy

I realize a business opportunity here. Distributing things people don't want their name or address on.
any forwarding service with in-person pickup does the job

Would you trust this statement when you place an order with them?
View attachment 7816

They are a company placed in Prague which is Europe, do you believe they delete all your data after 90 days?
Nope. They are by law obliged to keep accounting records and customer data is part of the accounting records for at least 7 years. During that time parts of the customer data maybe anonymised. Most companies dont do that as its too much work.

I realize a business opportunity here. Distributing things people don't want their name or address on.

If someone has a large network over many countries it could be a good business. Truth is, you can't trust any of these Trezor or Ledger people, your data is stored there for ever.
You as the in between party still would have to be able to connect packages to your client. That data in itself is part of your administration which should be kept for the statutory period. Let alone the financial data...

Last edited:
that's a nice & useful one. Where did you find this stranger?
I just asked a Lebanese guy I knew, and he knew someone who could do it. I had to drive 15 km for it, but that was totally fine.

Nope. They are by law obliged to keep accounting records and customer data is part of the accounting records for at least 7 years. During that time parts of the customer data maybe anonymised. Most companies dont do that as its too much work.
Yeah, I figured that was how it worked. The authorities aren’t stupid. In theory, you’d have to buy a whole bunch now and just let them sit for seven years… by then, they’d probably be outdated, but that’s the only way to make them anonymous again.

That’s why the Lebanese guy I knew was a better option.

I just asked a Lebanese guy I knew, and he knew someone who could do it. I had to drive 15 km for it, but that was totally fine.

Yeah, I figured that was how it worked. The authorities aren’t stupid. In theory, you’d have to buy a whole bunch now and just let them sit for seven years… by then, they’d probably be outdated, but that’s the only way to make them anonymous again.

That’s why the Lebanese guy I knew was a better option.
Mind you... if you dont have proper records and someone uses your service with ill intent... you could end up in jail for all the crap they can come up with. All the way to being part of organised crime of a terrorist org. And when they are at that point and you dont have proper accounting.. They will throw ML into the equation as well.

Will it all hold up in a court of law? Highly unlikely. But... do you want to deal with that? Including the legal costs?

Alright, let’s bring this down to earth. The guy I know - I’ve known him for a decade. There’s no danger there. The guy I picked up the Trezor from has no idea who I am or where I live, so I’m calculating the risk to be pretty minimal. And it’s not like I’m planning to stash millions of dollars or euros on the device.

So before you escalate this into the neighborhood being flooded with SWAT teams, men in black suits, and possibly even the secret service knocking on my door, I think we can keep things chill here. Of course, feel free to spice up the story, I just won’t be commenting on it.

I mean, who knows, maybe Donald Trump will swing by, Osama Bin Laden will rise from the dead and order a Trezor from the same Lebanese guy, and then I’ll really be in trouble!

• Haha
Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and cuno
be creative...
in many countries the delivery service drivers call you in advance - just use any suitable address and pick it up in person on the street
or let it delivered to your favorite local coffee shop
or use the forwarding service and pick it up in person at their dispatch hub
Exactly that. You just said it before me. Nowadays (at least where I come from), courier service companies either call you in advance (if you chose to have the item delivered at your specified address) or they let you pick it up at one of their deposit hubs near you. Far more convenient to use the latter option for obvious reasons.

NVO

very true, but as he said if no one knows him how should they find him? I will try to do something like this for some other stuff to buy. It's a great idea.
I agree, can't see what the exact problem should be doing so.

It would be unusual to be asked how you came into possession of a particular crypto wallet, and if you were, it shouldn't be a problem if you can't remember where you bought it. They are likely more interested in the cryptos it contains.

I think it's much easier to buy second hand in person and examine the device, reset it, flash the latest firmware, create a new private key. Most people were given these as a gift or bought them during the retail mania and now get rid of them with box and papers. you can see who you are dealing with. In any case for large amount use multi sig or 2FA wallet for extra protection in case someone ever finds your key.