Our valued sponsor

Offshore Pro / International Wealth scam

GF150

Sep 18, 2024
Brussels
Has anyone else been recently scammed by Offshore Pro / International Wealth who sold "anonymous" Union Pay
prepaid cards that worked only a couple of weeks and have been useless since May ? They say the reason is some
system security issue they are trying to solve but, of course, the narrative is hard to take seriously after 3+ months.

You get what you pay for.

"Anonymous" UP card from PH-based PSP is, by default, risky solution that can go off-rails ANYTIME. It works until it works.

Whilst having no particular personal experience with offshorewealth/offshore pro (heard a couple of very diverse and mixed reviews in the past), I would question your approach to calling out them as "scammers" - you can't really call out "offshore CSP" like OffshoreWealth for "scamming customers" since they do not provide any financial services themselves, but rather just resell solutions according to demands of their high risk clientelle.

On a separate note, I've heard that Volet (ex-advcash) also had a fair share of problems with their Philippines-based Union Pay issuer in the past few years, usually lasting for a few months before those problems being solved/funds refunded. This may give you a general idea on the reliability of those kinds of solutions and determine actual fault share on the part of International Wealth.

Bad marketing targeted at high risk clientelle? Yeah. High-risk product from FSP in a low-grade jurisdiction? Yeah... Excuses by sales monkeys to reduce pressure on themselves? Totally possible.

Outright scam? No, you should've known what you're signing up for.

Reactions: ilke
You get what you pay for.
Quite right but do you suggest that the price paid wasn't high enough ? I wouldn't have paid that price for a normal card.
Although I have no trouble whatsoever with any Administration and, besides, nobody is after me for any debt or other dispute, I value privacy and don't want to be spied at everywhere I go and about everything I do.

I would question your approach to calling out them as "scammers"
How would you qualify a merchant that sells something to you that doesn't work the way it should and will do nothing to help you out ? Someone who consistently lie to you just to buy time and scam other people meanwhile ? Generally speaking, someone who knows (or should know) what they sell doesn't work. Offshore Pro and International Wealth aren't just random Companies, instantly come out of the blue. They have been around for some time.

...just resell solutions according to demands of their high risk clientelle.
I beg your pardon but this is just not true. This was a standard product, i.e. for everyone and not a bespoke solution. By no means would I qualify myself as a high-risk person.

Come on! This is very easy a thing to say .... afterwards. You can apply that to any case brought up on this forum. We're all taking risks on seeking freedom. Not exposing scammers is increasing the risk for anyone else, What do you think of that?

Bad marketing targeted at high risk clientelle? Yeah. High-risk product from FSP in a low-grade jurisdiction?
Incidentally, can that, by any chance, mean: you should have chosen a better solution, totally risk-free, such as:

"360 Licensing, Compliance, Banking & Business Intelligence Private Consulting for FinTech, Crypto and HNWI's
There's no one size fits all solution - tailored, confidential, expert advisory and unique propositions
Contact Me at | Telegram t.me/compliancecircle | DM Here on OCT for Signal, Session, Jabber etc."

Who can tell Scylla from Charybdis ?

P.S. Sorry, in my previous post a "will" is missing, i.e. "... Someone who will consistently lie...." Can't edit it:(:(

Last edited:
Quite right but do you suggest that the price paid wasn't high enough ? I wouldn't have paid that price for a normal card.
Although I have no trouble whatsoever with any Administration and, besides, nobody is after me for any debt or other dispute, I value privacy and don't want to be spied at everywhere I go and about everything I do.
Ok, well, so you went searching for "anonymous no name debit card"... and paid respective premium just to have no name recorded on your
I would question your approach to calling out them as "scammers"
How would you qualify a merchant that sells something to you that doesn't work the way it should and will do nothing to help you out ? Someone who consistently lie to you just to buy time and scam other people meanwhile ? Generally speaking, someone who knows (or should know) what they sell doesn't work. Offshore Pro and International Wealth aren't just random Companies, instantly come out of the blue. They have been around for some time.
Most likely they just rely on you information they get from the card provider itself. Would not have been defensive, if not have seen how Valet (ex-advcash) handled the same issue with Union Pay cards and they were issued by PH-based issuer as well, so can correlate between two situations based on my industry intelligence, that's it.

Again, you get what you pay for. Think again under different angle - you paid for "anonymous debit card" from a 3rd world country issuer, it doesn't matter how much you've paid for that at the mercy of reseller such as OffshoreWealth.

On the issue on who they're - exactly. They're here fore some time, mixed reviews, but they're not just an outright scam operation
...just resell solutions according to demands of their high risk clientelle.
I beg your pardon but this is just not true. This was a standard product, i.e. for everyone and not a bespoke solution. By no means would I qualify myself as a high-risk person.
That's completely true, my friend. OffshoreWealth used to mostly serve ex-USSR clients with "complex wealth sources"

Their marketing strategy is far from being aimed at totally clean clients.
Come on! This is very easy a thing to say .... afterwards. You can apply that to any case brought up on this forum. We're all taking risks on seeking freedom. Not exposing scammers is increasing the risk for anyone else, What do you think of that?
Did you try to contact issuer of the card? Does your legal agreement with issuer imply it's some sort of OffshoreWealth venture, or branding?

Incidentally, can that, by any chance, mean: you should have chosen a better solution, totally risk-free, such as:

"360 Licensing, Compliance, Banking & Business Intelligence Private Consulting for FinTech, Crypto and HNWI's
There's no one size fits all solution - tailored, confidential, expert advisory and unique propositions
Contact Me at | Telegram t.me/compliancecircle | DM Here on OCT for Signal, Session, Jabber etc."

Who can tell Scylla from Charybdis ?

P.S. Sorry, in my previous post a "will" is missing, i.e. "... Someone who will consistently lie...." Can't edit it:(:(
No, I don't offer risk-free solutions, as there are none totally risk-free as you know, only tailoring degrees of risk to the needs of my clients :)

Most likely they just rely on you information they get from the card provider itself. Would not have been defensive, if not have seen how Valet (ex-advcash) handled the same issue with Union Pay cards and they were issued by PH-based issuer as well, so can correlate between two situations based on my industry intelligence, that's it.
Not quite sure what you mean if it isn't "everybody should first ask me whatever they intend to undertake" :)
I can also follow you in your statement re. the ex-USSR clients and their complex business. It's always more or less risky to do business with someone you don't know. If nobody would be willing to take any risk you would have no clients, right ?
Mind, I didn't come here only to complain but also to find out if there were many others caught in this scam, because that is a scam. When you have in hand a card UnionPay, an authentic one, of course, and it works OK you think the deal is fair, because it could have been worse, no need to say that. So, was the scam more elaborate, i.e. the card stops working when you put some more money on it, that is still to be investigated.
Did you try to contact issuer of the card? Does your legal agreement with issuer imply it's some sort of OffshoreWealth venture, or branding?
Yes, I did but they all tell the same story - a security issue that it takes time to solve, etc. Well, you can believe it for some time but eventually enough is enough. In fact, there are several layers but the end issuer (The Bank) is supposed to be a large UP card issuer and I'd rather think of some contract breech between Offshore Pro / International Wealth and the Bank, the latter is not willing to disclose and they have agreed on a narrative.
No, the card doesn't look like a sub-brand. It looks just like an ordinary UP card with no name on it. However, at the Bank it's registered as "No Name" and, consequently, the Bank, yet knowing my identity, does not consider it's abnormal to issue a "No-name" card. The supposed breech must be elsewhere.

Last edited: