Our valued sponsor

Help Needed: Best Country to Establish a Company

I agree, you can find an accounting firm like @James Turner that can handle the entire company for you at a very reasonable price per year.

Reactions: GPT
Hello!
I'm a Hungarian tax resident and the sole owner of a Hungarian KFT (Design & IT services). Due to some clients' preferences (GB, NL), I need to establish a company in a more "prestigious" country. My question is: which country would be the best for this purpose?

As of 2024, the Double Taxation Treaty (DTT) with the US has been terminated, so that option is off the table I guess. Here are the criteria that are important to me:
  1. Low or close to 0 initial capital requirement
  2. Better reputation
  3. Easy management
  4. Single ownership structure
  5. Relatively low fees (my Annual Revenue is between 200k and 350k EUR)
  6. Regular bank or EMI both fine (I deal with some crypto)
CIT paid abroad is tax-deductible in Hungary up to a certain amount, but it would be ideal if the company were a tax-transparent entity so that only the owners would have a tax liability. I understand that a Canadian LLP fits this description, but I would need a 2nd partner there.

Any help and tips are welcome, even a completely different approach. Thank you!

Where did you setup your company after all, I'm interested in to learn a little?

It absolutely still is, individually FIG (foreign earned income and gains) has replaced non-dom status. Some of the world's biggest ecom and fintech companies are domiciled in the UK as LTD companies and they pay ZERO taxes by paying management fees to owned companies in other tax-friendly jurisdictions. London is still the most powerful city in the world. It is the center of finance for not just Europe, but the world. There are many extremely talented and wealthy individuals in London in a myriad of industries from finance to technology. Capital availability for businesses is only rivaled by NYC and SF.

As for London, I am not sure where you are from or where you walked, but central and west London are bar none some of the most elite places in the world with virtually no equivalent. The architecture, private clubs, sophistication and refinement of people you see just walking, not to mention the sheer concentration of wealth, and consumer comforts (farm to home delivery services delivering the best grass fed pasture raised beef and organic vegtables being one of those) is unrivaled. You can also live in London tax free for 4 years now with FIG and remit that money to the UK without any taxes. 4 years is enough time to plan for the future or monitor for further progressive changes which are highly likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: mraleph