Our valued sponsor

Dont trust Wise

They dont wanna give me cards so how can i so that?

Really? Your profile says your in UK. Whats your nationality? Whats the jurisdiction of your company also? ns2

Oh, that's really a shame.

They have closed most of my corporate accounts, but my personal accounts are still alive.

Wise was never a solid option. I have always treated it as a temporary option for small sums or currency exchange.

If you run a business, you need something reliable.

My business is 100% with Mercury and im so happy with them their support is well trained

Personal account is Zenus and im happy with them their service is so great

I opened wise and they are a nightmare day and night i was really expecting them to close my account at any time which exactly happened as i said above

People here feel that its a mistake from me because maybe they dont know how the banks are working and how the monkeys in these EMIs are , but once their accounts close they will know

Reactions: jafo
Can you answer my question please instead of ranting off...lol.

Reactions: jafo and Houdini
My business is 100% with Mercury and im so happy with them their support is well trained
Mercury can easily shut you down too.

I have many requests for banking from people who got shut down by the Mercury.

They shut down Croatians. I still don't know if it is based on citizenship or residency; I feel like it's based on residency.

You like a psychologist, making people answer their own questions, lol

Lol. Its nothing more than common sense when someone claims their account was closed for no reason. He will calm down and see sense eventually.

I mean a Mauritania guy living in Bahrain with a US company wanting to use AED via a European EMI??? I would have closed his account and I don't even work in financial services...lol. It is way beyond Wise's risk appetite I can imagine.

Wise took correct action imho....lol.

Well there is your answer my friend.

I believe that but why now

Why onboarding me in the first place?

Mercury can easily shut you down too.

I have many requests for banking from people who got shut down by the Mercury.

They shut down Croatians. I still don't know if it is based on citizenship or residency; I feel like it's based on residency.

I know Mercury can do that

But they are trying so hard not to do but seems so many regulations after them

Behind every "X closed my account for no reason" there is, in fact, a reason.

Let say its true

I told my full actions here

Where is the problem besides someone is saying my nationality and residency as they onboard me to their platform

I contacted a Croatian man, who told me Mercury took them down because of residency, not citizenship.

I know Russians and Belarussians holding a Mercury account but with residency outside their home country.

I'm glad that they aren't xenophobic as Relay etc.

There are some people with brains on this planet.

Where is the problem besides someone is saying my nationality and residency as they onboard me to their platform
Their policy has changed, and just don't want to spend more money on the compliance, you probably make them less money than they have to spend on the compliance, so they took you down.

Reactions: Alexmorgan and jafo
Their policy has changed, and just don't want to spend more money on the compliance, you probably make them less money than they have to spend on the compliance, so they took you down.

Yes thats true they dont make money from me because of the fear they put in me with horror stories that we hear and see everywhere

My company income is fine and i use Zenus with high volume and everything is great

But i dont trust Wise with more than couple hundreds or couple of thousands of cash

Reactions: jafo and yngmind
Trigger Warning!
If you are a sensitive person, do NOT read the following message to @Alexmorgan

You have been warned.

Proceed at your OWN risk!

I know Mercury can do that

But they are trying so hard not to do but seems so many regulations after them

Let say its true

I told my full actions here

Dear Alex,

Ignore the naysayers!

-----------------

To all who say there is a reason... they have NO idea what they are talking about!

They all need to spend some time on The Innocence Project!

Their response is a TEXTBOOK case of "Just World Fallacy!"

This cognitive bias is based on the belief that the world is inherently fair and that people get what they deserve. As a result, when some OCT members witness injustice, they may rationalize or justify the behavior of those in "power" (like banks, compliance officers, judges, prosecutors, the tax authorities, etc.), assuming that the victim, i.e., you Alex, must have done something wrong to deserve your fate, i.e., your Wise bank account closed.

This bias arises from a deep-seated need to believe that the world is predictable and just/fair, which provides these people with a sense of security. Absent this, they would be in disequilibrium or have a homeostatic imbalance. It's NOT their fault!
Source: Cognitive dissonance induction in everyday life: An fMRI study.

In case you don't have a background in medicine/neurology, I'll provide an abbreviated explanation...
The study mentions brain areas, particularly the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) and anterior insula, that are associated with emotional regulation, conflict monitoring, and the processing of adverse effects or discomfort. The ACC is specifically known for detecting discrepancies between expectations and reality, which is central to the experience of cognitive dissonance.

When people are faced with inconsistencies between their beliefs, values, and actions (as the task in the clinical study prompts), this conflict can lead to mental distress, which is reflected in increased neural activity in these regions. This distress can be as dire as physical pain and is often experienced as emotional discomfort, unease, or tension.
Source: How Emotional Pain Affects Your Body. Emotional pain can hurt as much as physical pain

Admitting that innocent people can suffer from injustice would challenge this belief and create cognitive dissonance. To avoid the discomfort of acknowledging that bad things can happen to good people, outsiders/non-parties may blame the victim so the outsiders can maintain and conserve the illusion of a fair and orderly world and SAVE themselves from psychological torment or mental anguish.
Victims should NEVER blame outsiders for acting in their OWN best interest and choosing self-preservation!

I know you do not want to hear this, but think this through. Create a mental construct of how you would design the world if you did not know where you would be born or what ethnicity or socio-economic status you would be born in.

Additional Psychological Concepts That May Be Involved:
(1) Victim Blaming
(2) Authority Bias
(3) Cognitive Dissonance
(4) Systemic discrimination/racism. (A compliance officer making a few grand per month probably can't fathom how someone from Mauritania, where the average monthly salary is €500/month, can earn more than them. This would be mentally very painful for them! Choosing NEVER to deal with you again is their best course of action to avoid additional mental anguish! (Most people are NOT really that professional.)

To summarize, the Just World Fallacy drives people's tendency, i.e., outsiders, to justify unfair or illegal behavior, often leading to victim blaming in situations of injustice.

I hope this helps, buddy!

PS. And I'm sorry this happened to you! Unless you start dealing more in decentralized crypto, this will continue to happen more and more.

Personal account is Zenus and im happy with them their service is so great
What do you like about Zenus? I have never used it, but I heard many times on OCT that people are happy.

Any idea why they have such a bad rating on the trustpilot?

What do you like about Zenus? I have never used it, but I heard many times on OCT that people are happy.

Any idea why they have such a bad rating on the trustpilot?

Me and others here are happy with it

They value their clients and they really reliable

In my case i take cash from ATMs and i buy a lot through them and they fine with it there is no surprises at all

I had an issue before on transaction through debit card to My Dukascopy bank which is failed and i just sent them an Email and then same day they called me international call to hear my problem and second day issue solved

Only sad thing is when you move money from your company to your personal zenus it takes 3 to 4 days which is long

Trigger Warning!
If you are a sensitive person, do NOT read the following message to @Alexmorgan

You have been warned.

Proceed at your OWN risk!

Dear Alex,

Ignore the naysayers!

-----------------

To all who say there is a reason... they have NO idea what they are talking about!

They all need to spend some time on The Innocence Project!

Their response is a TEXTBOOK case of "Just World Fallacy!"

This cognitive bias is based on the belief that the world is inherently fair and that people get what they deserve. As a result, when some OCT members witness injustice, they may rationalize or justify the behavior of those in "power" (like banks, compliance officers, judges, prosecutors, the tax authorities, etc.), assuming that the victim, i.e., you Alex, must have done something wrong to deserve your fate, i.e., your Wise bank account closed.

This bias arises from a deep-seated need to believe that the world is predictable and just/fair, which provides these people with a sense of security. Absent this, they would be in disequilibrium or have a homeostatic imbalance. It's NOT their fault!
Source: Cognitive dissonance induction in everyday life: An fMRI study.

In case you don't have a background in medicine/neurology, I'll provide an abbreviated explanation...
The study mentions brain areas, particularly the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) and anterior insula, that are associated with emotional regulation, conflict monitoring, and the processing of adverse effects or discomfort. The ACC is specifically known for detecting discrepancies between expectations and reality, which is central to the experience of cognitive dissonance.

When people are faced with inconsistencies between their beliefs, values, and actions (as the task in the clinical study prompts), this conflict can lead to mental distress, which is reflected in increased neural activity in these regions. This distress can be as dire as physical pain and is often experienced as emotional discomfort, unease, or tension.
Source: How Emotional Pain Affects Your Body. Emotional pain can hurt as much as physical pain

Admitting that innocent people can suffer from injustice would challenge this belief and create cognitive dissonance. To avoid the discomfort of acknowledging that bad things can happen to good people, outsiders/non-parties may blame the victim so the outsiders can maintain and conserve the illusion of a fair and orderly world and SAVE themselves from psychological torment or mental anguish.
Victims should NEVER blame outsiders for acting in their OWN best interest and choosing self-preservation!

I know you do not want to hear this, but think this through. Create a mental construct of how you would design the world if you did not know where you would be born or what ethnicity or socio-economic status you would be born in.

Additional Psychological Concepts That May Be Involved:
(1) Victim Blaming
(2) Authority Bias
(3) Cognitive Dissonance
(4) Systemic discrimination/racism. (A compliance officer making a few grand per month probably can't fathom how someone from Mauritania, where the average monthly salary is €500/month, can earn more than them. This would be mentally very painful for them! Choosing NEVER to deal with you again is their best course of action to avoid additional mental anguish! (Most people are NOT really that professional.)

To summarize, the Just World Fallacy drives people's tendency, i.e., outsiders, to justify unfair or illegal behavior, often leading to victim blaming in situations of injustice.

I hope this helps, buddy!

PS. And I'm sorry this happened to you! Unless you start dealing more in decentralized crypto, this will continue to happen more and more.

Thanks really

Seems Crypto is the solution for us all

But i dont know but i smell a trap in this Crypto

The regular banks keep bothering us to push us to Crypto while Blackrock is putting hand in it

Reactions: jafo and yngmind
Me and others here are happy with it

They value their clients and they really reliable

In my case i take cash from ATMs and i buy a lot through them and they fine with it there is no surprises at all

I had an issue before on transaction through debit card to My Dukascopy bank which is failed and i just sent them an Email and then same day they called me international call to hear my problem and second day issue solved

Only sad thing is when you move money from your company to your personal zenus it takes 3 to 4 days which is long
It's possible to check the card and bank account availability for the different countries on their website.
Lots of the countries are unsupported by the cards.

But it's kind of cool to have a US bank account and a card with the ACH. I think you can even get payments from Stripe.

I think we better to create a separate topic about Zenus and discuss it.

"Zenus Bank will not open any account or process any transactions from countries which have been sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control 'OFAC' and others selected by Zenus. These include Belarus, Crimea, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Syria, the Balkans, the Central African Republic, the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe."

Does it mean citizenship or residency?

Attachments

• 3232.png
    3232.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
It's possible to check the card and bank account availability for the different countries on their website.
Lots of the countries are unsupported by the cards.

But it's kind of cool to have a US bank account and a card with the ACH. I think you can even get payments from Stripe.

I think we better to create a separate topic about Zenus and discuss it.

"Zenus Bank will not open any account or process any transactions from countries which have been sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control 'OFAC' and others selected by Zenus. These include Belarus, Crimea, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Syria, the Balkans, the Central African Republic, the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe."

Does it mean citizenship or residency?

Good question

They didn't make it clear to be honest

Compliance checks can happen in real time these days following any action. And you almost certainly had a high enough risk score in their system that your account was blocked went into review queue and they could not defend keeping your account open after a manual review.

What Wise would onboard yesterday may not be what wise would onboard today. Risk appetites of financial institutions are constantly changing on a weekly basis :(.

Reactions: jafo and Alexmorgan
I don't think it's fair but the reality is that you have risk factor after risk factor stacked on top of each other. It would've been better if Wise had rejected you right away instead.

Did you declare that you would send/receive AED or transactions to/from UAE during onboarding?

Mauritania is considered a high risk country. You live in Bahrain which is considered a semi risky jurisdiction. Then you throw a US company into the mix. US by itself isn't a concern but it's a third and (seemingly) unrelated jurisdiction. As icing on the cake, you want to hold AED, which isn't the currency of US or Bahrain. UAE and by extension its currency are still considered elevated risk, even if no longer on the FATF gray list.

Country Reports – KnowYourCountry is a very useful tool to get some insight into how financial institutions evaluate jurisdictions.

To a financial institution with as low a risk appetite as Wise, this combination of risk factors is enough to off-board a client. It oozes of money laundering, tax evasion, or worse. You would need to work with a bank that understands Mauritania, Bahrain, and UAE better. A local bank, maybe a regional bank like Arab Bank, Habib Bank, or Mashreq.