Our valued sponsor

Cheapest Way to Get a US Phone Number

Hey guys, what's the cheapest way to get a real non-voip US Phone Number from Europe?
You may want to check out this one:

You can check out those:
www.ultramobile.com
www.tello.com
www.textnow.com
www.h2owireless.com

If you need it for banks, you may wan to check as there are some numbers with registered name, while other operators don't do this. See this one:

voip: phound, skype, google voice
esim: tello.com, mintmobile.com
I heard about Phound as a valid solution in many YT videos. Are you 100% sure it doesn't work? What's the cheapest non-voip option in your opinion?
You may want to check out this one:

You can check out those:
www.ultramobile.com
www.tello.com
www.textnow.com
www.h2owireless.com

If you need it for banks, you may wan to check as there are some numbers with registered name, while other operators don't do this. See this one:
Same. What's the cheapest option according to you? And what did you try between these?

I'm about to transfer my number to Tello. They are one of the few that allow esim activation from outside the US. Many others I have checked you need to be in the US for activation. Plus prices are reasonable. I came across it via a Reddit thread as there are numerous discussing this topic.

Tello - Activate esim from outside the US.
That's very good and important to know, thanks.

Reactions: disagree23
I heard about Phound as a valid solution in many YT videos. Are you 100% sure it doesn't work? What's the cheapest non-voip option in your opinion?

Same. What's the cheapest option according to you? And what did you try between these?
I use phound, it's a good app although you can't use it for some SMS verification that blacklists voip

If you port a tmobile etc number to Google voice, does it then become a voip number?
Afaik yes. You can check any number here

But it always depends on the use case. Some VoIP numbers work sometimes and sometimes not. What is OP trying to do?

For recieving SMS, VoIP numbers normally work fine for SMS sent from phones. For 2FA, they are sent digitally and most often out of 10 routes, 3 work and two have delays.

For banks, as mentioned some rely on the register name, which again is not even supported by all major carriers. And then banks do send some SMS to VoIP numbers while they require real numbers for other applications.

In the end it is a hit and miss.

I think the cheapest is this one
While this one is free but but sure whether it is a VoIP number. Maybe somebody checked

Afaik yes. You can check any number here

But it always depends on the use case. Some VoIP numbers work sometimes and sometimes not. What is OP trying to do?

For recieving SMS, VoIP numbers normally work fine for SMS sent from phones. For 2FA, they are sent digitally and most often out of 10 routes, 3 work and two have delays.

For banks, as mentioned some rely on the register name, which again is not even supported by all major carriers. And then banks do send some SMS to VoIP numbers while they require real numbers for other applications.

In the end it is a hit and miss.

I think the cheapest is this one
While this one is free but but sure whether it is a VoIP number. Maybe somebody checked
Thank you so much for your help, and for the website that allows to check phone numbers! It will be a very useful tool.
I'm about to transfer my number to Tello. They are one of the few that allow esim activation from outside the US. Many others I have checked you need to be in the US for activation. Plus prices are reasonable. I came across it via a Reddit thread as there are numerous discussing this topic.

Tello - Activate esim from outside the US.
Thank you! Super valuable info!

Thank you guys, this community is an amazing place full of people ready to help.

Reactions: daniels27