Our valued sponsor

Bankera suspended account under review for 2 months

fafasg

May 31, 2024
us
Visit site
Hello, I wanted to notify people of very weird actions from Bankera. My account was suspended 2 months ago. Initially I thought it is normal procedure to review accounts from time to time, probably some AML or other rule. I contacted Bankera support right after I saw that my account got suspended and I asked them as to why this happened, what are the reasons for it.(FYI there was money in the account + there was incoming/outgoing transactions) I got the first answer from them which looked pretty much generated sample text.
1721571415871.png

It was weird from the first message since they told me my account is being reviewed without any reason or any details and no time frame, which meant it could be anything and it could take years. Well I thought OK this might take a couple of days or a week at max. I waited for 4 days and since I didn't get any news I wrote another Email asking them why is it taking so long and again what is going to happen with the money in my account and also with incoming/outgoing transactions.
1721571718297.png

After this response I followed up with a question regarding estimated time of the review.

1721571821065.png

Again nothing new, no estimated time, no details, nothing just a sample text saying be patient. I waited a couple of days and nothing new from their side so I send them another message insisting that they give me information about this review or they close my account and refund me the money from the account because I need to use them and I can't access them. They replied after 1 week ( NOTE: It's already 2 weeks since the suspension)
1721572139855.png

This literally got me so mad. They ignored everything I wrote in the message and just sent a generated text. I waited additionally 2 weeks (NOTE: It's already 1 month since the suspension) I wrote them again asking what is going on, why is it taking so long and etc. and they hit me with this after 1 week:
1721572309050.png

At this point I just realize that I am chatting with some AI bot and probably I should get some help from legal team and authorities. Today is 2 months after account suspension and I still didn't receive any email regarding this case. I am trying to find any ways on how to solve this problem and get my money back. If you have experienced similar situations or if you have any knowledge or practice which could be helpful for me in this situation I would be highly thankful that you share it with me.

Always at beginning banks are good

Later when they get flagged by some money players they get hard they do a very bad and random check up's

While money launderers get away with it

You as startup business get in trouble from some money getting in or out while you hold all the documents

Even if you do business with Airbus they still will do this thing and lock your account for 2 ro 6 months

Reactions: jafo
Hello, I wanted to notify people of very weird actions from Bankera. My account was suspended 2 months ago. Initially I thought it is normal procedure to review accounts from time to time, probably some AML or other rule. I contacted Bankera support right after I saw that my account got suspended and I asked them as to why this happened, what are the reasons for it.(FYI there was money in the account + there was incoming/outgoing transactions) I got the first answer from them which looked pretty much generated sample text.
View attachment 7310

It was weird from the first message since they told me my account is being reviewed without any reason or any details and no time frame, which meant it could be anything and it could take years. Well I thought OK this might take a couple of days or a week at max. I waited for 4 days and since I didn't get any news I wrote another Email asking them why is it taking so long and again what is going to happen with the money in my account and also with incoming/outgoing transactions.
View attachment 7311

After this response I followed up with a question regarding estimated time of the review.

View attachment 7312

Again nothing new, no estimated time, no details, nothing just a sample text saying be patient. I waited a couple of days and nothing new from their side so I send them another message insisting that they give me information about this review or they close my account and refund me the money from the account because I need to use them and I can't access them. They replied after 1 week ( NOTE: It's already 2 weeks since the suspension)
View attachment 7313

This literally got me so mad. They ignored everything I wrote in the message and just sent a generated text. I waited additionally 2 weeks (NOTE: It's already 1 month since the suspension) I wrote them again asking what is going on, why is it taking so long and etc. and they hit me with this after 1 week:
View attachment 7314

At this point I just realize that I am chatting with some AI bot and probably I should get some help from legal team and authorities. Today is 2 months after account suspension and I still didn't receive any email regarding this case. I am trying to find any ways on how to solve this problem and get my money back. If you have experienced similar situations or if you have any knowledge or practice which could be helpful for me in this situation I would be highly thankful that you share it with me.

Is this a business or personal account? And if business is this a Business, Business+ or Premium account?

In any case they are either just very busy or they are filing a SAR and waiting for instructions on how to proceed :(.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
It is a personal account.

I had a business account. There was an agonizing communication experience that lasted about 12 months, but thankfully parted ways with them without loss. I communicated with a live manager, but it was not much different from communicating with a bot. The "divorce" happened on my own initiative.

I think they attracted the attention of the financial regulator, now they try very hard to follow all the rules and are afraid to make mistakes, as a result they are so over-insured that it is impossible to negotiate with them in principle - there are only protocols and instructions, which are voiced by managers without the ability to think and make decisions independently.

Reactions: MagicMatt
Financial institutions don't do this lightly. Whether they're right or wrong, they believe they have a good reason to keep the account suspended. Maybe you transacted with a counter party that's sanctioned or on some other warning list/black list, or just a counter party whose name is a close match to an entry on such lists. It can take time to investigate. They might be legally prohibited from giving you more details, since that — if you were a bad actor — is something you could learn from and improve your alleged wrongdoings in the future.

Two months is a long time, though. You could try filing a formal complaint using the complaint procedure described here: Find Bankera Legal Documents Here

If that doesn't work, you can try hiring a lawyer to pursue Bankera through legal means. You might need to pursue both Bankera (in Malta) and the underlying EMI Pervesk (in Lithuania).

Reactions: fafasg