Our valued sponsor

Anyone uses "friends and family" on Paypal to pay your suppliers/partners?

I also think that some of the information posted here is taken from Google and doesn't come from personal experience. So be careful with what you use PayPal for and how you use it. There are millions of complaints online about this crazy company doing whatever they want, with schoolboys in customer support.

Reactions: thomasparra
I added the Airwallex USD bank account to Paypal, but I'm still not able to use it for payments, even though the account is confirmed. I think Paypal wants to get their FX commission on non US based customers hence why they are blocking it.

they did the same thing with 'withdraw to card' back a few years ago for EU accounts (and probably worldwide).
you could withdraw USD to your wise/revolut card and get it credited in USD in your acc so they blocked it so you could only wd in EUR (and get charged the FX conversion)

Reactions: thomasparra
they did the same thing with 'withdraw to card' back a few years ago for EU accounts (and probably worldwide).
you could withdraw USD to your wise/revolut card and get it credited in USD in your acc so they blocked it so you could only wd in EUR (and get charged the FX conversion)
Yes, they do this to make money on FX. But kind of stupid to do it this way, they would probably make more by blocking withdrawals and allow fundings as they would force even more customers to do the FX conversion.

I asked Paypal support and they said for HK based accounts (and probably many other juridictions outside US), the US bank account can only be used to withdraw from. We cannot transfer USD from the bank account to Paypal.
Yes, that's correct. And it has a 3% fee for USD to USD withdrawals.

But I was referring to opening a US PayPal account instead with which you can do all. It is possible.

I think it is still possible with PayPal accounts based in Singapore (non-EU, non-US, etc.). Switzerland for example works. But as mentioned above, they charge you 3% since like November 2020. Before this was free.

Yes, they do this to make money on FX. But kind of stupid to do it this way, they would probably make more by blocking withdrawals and allow fundings as they would force even more customers to do the FX conversion.
You can still open personal accounts and do the friends transfer to them and then cash out. It will only cost you 5 USD per friends transfer instead of the 3% FX loss.