Our valued sponsor

Advice Needed: Tax Residency and Banking for Large Crypto Conversion

Yes. That’s how I live. Save for gardeners and a few other salaried people but I’m positive they will eventually switch to crypto.
If a supplier doesn’t want crypto, I simply switch to another supplier who does.
To Clients who insist paying fiat I offer a discount for crypto, otherwise I take their fiat and immediately buy crypto.

Can this seem inconvenient? Perhaps, at times. But compare it to the inconvenience of having ”your” fiat frozen/stolen/confiscated (which can all be used synonymously).
What do you do if you find a great real estate deal but the developer won't take crypto no matter what?
Not to mention that some countries actually want some money to go through the banking system for the deal to be valid. You actually have to bring the payment invoice to the notary.
Both happened to me personally.

Reactions: vehzag
What do you do if you find a great real estate deal but the developer won't take crypto no matter what?
A motivated seller will take everything. If for some reason it is not possible and I really want it, I use some quick conversion solution.
Not to mention that some countries actually want some money to go through the banking system for the deal to be valid.
Never saw any such country, and if I do I will quickly run far from it.
You actually have to bring the payment invoice to the notary.
Both happened to me personally.
Either you found a stupid notary or a stupid country.
It happened to me that the notary made such request, I just switched to another notary.

Reactions: jafo and PinkCat
I have a friend in a similar situation, he wants a crypto off-ramp together with tax residency. He is working with a firm in Bali to set up a local company, visas, banking, crypto accounts, and tax residency to benefit from Indonesia's low taxes on crypto transactions 0.1%. Expect a lot of KYC, AML and this works only for people with legitimate earnings. Anything fishy and this setup will not work. I can probably get a good feedback in about 1 to 2 months time when everything is operational.

... quadrupled? how?
Feel free to point me to respective thread.
Simple. Bitcoin was roaming around <10-15K, (can't remember exactly), and I asked a question on Mentor Gold; if my memory serves me right, it was a back-and-forth with several OGs on here, browbeating me to swap my excess USDT (and some other crypto and some cash) to Bitcoin. I finally understood their arguments and did it. It's as simple as that!
No miracles. No inside info. Just went all in! ;)

Simple. Bitcoin was roaming around <10-15K, (can't remember exactly), and I asked a question on Mentor Gold; if my memory serves me right, it was a back-and-forth with several OGs on here, browbeating me to swap my excess USDT (and some other crypto and some cash) to Bitcoin. I finally understood their arguments and did it. It's as simple as that!
No miracles. No inside info. Just went all in! ;)
thats the way of doing it thu&¤# :cool:

I am NEVER EVER making this mistake again!

I have secured several serious "privileged" business people to whom I give my cryptos, and in return, they give me cash....if I need it.

I should have listened to @JohnnyDoe , @wellington , @JackAlabama , @cryptofriendly, and a few others here on OCT!

I literally had to go into BEAST mode to get my cryptos back, and that is AFTER I went to the regulating body personally and then the cops. I laid the groundwork to show up later at the "exchanges" with bad and evil intentions!

Of course, YMMV!

PS. I am now ONLY looking to on-ramp!

PSS. I'll go into details with proof if any of you want to know why I went batsh1t crazy on these "thieves with neckties under the ruse of exchanges."

Reactions: JackAlabama
I am NEVER EVER making this mistake again!

I have secured several serious "privileged" business people to whom I give my cryptos, and in return, they give me cash....if I need it.

I should have listened to @JohnnyDoe , @wellington , @JackAlabama , @cryptofriendly, and a few others here on OCT!

I literally had to go into BEAST mode to get my cryptos back, and that is AFTER I went to the regulating body personally and then the cops. I laid the groundwork to show up later at the "exchanges" with bad and evil intentions!

Of course, YMMV!

PS. I am now ONLY looking to on-ramp!

PSS. I'll go into details with proof if any of you want to know why I went batsh1t crazy on these "thieves with neckties under the ruse of exchanges."
Would you share with us which exchange was that so we can avoid the same issue?

Reactions: jafo
Have you personally tried to directly pay with crypto for everything else? I've tried. 90%+ of the cases it doesn't work. I'm huge fan of crypto (more than I care to admit) but we are just not there yet. Your advice is great in principle but not yet applyable in practice.
So I completely understand why this person wants to diversify and so far from this whole thread only the UAE recommendation (and apply for swiss bank after tax resident) is actionable. Everything else is empty (and vague) recommendations from people that have not walked the walk.

p.s.
Yes im aware i'll get quite a bit of lash back for this. GO!
Company runs completely on chain
Yes. That’s how I live. Save for gardeners and a few other salaried people but I’m positive they will eventually switch to crypto.
If a supplier doesn’t want crypto, I simply switch to another supplier who does.
To Clients who insist paying fiat I offer a discount for crypto, otherwise I take their fiat and immediately buy crypto.

Can this seem inconvenient? Perhaps, at times. But compare it to the inconvenience of having ”your” fiat frozen/stolen/confiscated (which can all be used synonymously).
similar barely use a bank these days

• Love
If you have some time, you should do a Mentor Gold on ETH or list some ETH books and articles you think others may benefit from reading to get closer to your circle of competence on ETH.

PS. I admit...Vitalik used to be in Zug, remember? Something about him did NOT inspire ANY confidence in me. I could just be plain wrong (which is my natural state: being wrong smi(&% ), but it has hampered my ability to really look into ETH deeply. I got turned off. I'm getting more interested now since you and some others here on OCT have mentioned it.
Not sure what you want to know… was a ETH Dev at one point (one of the numerous)

Erase “Cash out” and “Off ramp” from your mind
You are 100% right!
I f*cked up on that one! stupi#21
I had them on a video and audio recording, agreeing to what I wanted. I had notarized written agreements, lawyers as witnesses, and yet they tried to pull a fast one.
I dumped the lawyers and went the way of the penitentiary rec yard! Once the "owners" realized that the penitentiary would be just another vacation for me once more...they coughed up every single penny and the cost of my expenses.

They are ALL a bunch of f*ckers! Now, I am trying to figure out: Who is worse, bank monkeys or crypto monkeys? :rolleyes:

Company runs completely on chain
Yep! You have mentioned this about your company!
I just got dragged in by an unsuspecting and innocent client. stupi#21
It was OUTSIDE my client's circle of competence, so I should have NEVER given it a second thought! stupi#21

Won't happen again!
similar barely use a bank these days
I'm trying to get here where you, @JohnnyDoe, and a few others here on OCT are. I'm starting to get too pissed off by these grifters disguised as financial professionals! This is NOT good for my health...or liberty. damn_(

Reactions: wellington
Not sure what you want to know… was a ETH Dev at one point (one of the numerous)
I suspected this based on your writing. I just started reading Mastering Ethereum (again, I didn't finish it last time because I had met VB in Zug, and something about him made me feel uncomfortable. I may be just plain wrong about the guy...)

Let me finish reading it to ask intelligent (quasi-intelligent, in my casesmi(&%) questions.

I'll revert back to you! ;)

Reactions: wellington