Our valued sponsor

A warm welcome to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

achab

BANNED MEMBER
Oct 10, 2024
Panama
I'm an Italian citizen living in Panama. I recently joined this forum (just last week) and am already impressed by the wealth of information here.

I initially came here looking for a corporate offshore bank account that fit my needs. It seems like I found a good option (you can see my first posts). The minimum deposit is €30,000 with no additional fees, which is great. However, I'm always eager to learn more and will continue exploring the forum.

I planned to research trusts next, but a thread I came across piqued my interest.

While I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything, I did set up a trust over 20 years ago and have faced several lawsuits against it, including a particularly challenging ongoing one. Interestingly, I discovered a legal strategy (let's say "subterfuge", escamotage) that protects the trust from Italian law's sues. Any sue. This is today a must because Italian judges often struggle with foreign trusts due to their differences from Roman Law (compared to Common Law). Additionally, there can be a presumption of guilt associated with trusts in Italy.

After extensive research, I approached my Italian lawyers, including one from a top-5 international law firm. I presented a strategy to counter the opposing party's potential moves, ultimately leading to a resolution that protects the trust. It was quite rewarding to see their understanding light up!

While I wouldn't say I'm an "expert," I believe I possess valuable legal knowledge, particularly regarding trusts. I'd be happy to share this knowledge with anyone on the forum who might need help in this specific area (more details on my profile).

Let us continue on this path together. May our journey, though challenging, lead us to great heights. Per aspera ad astra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard, anjoy your stay. Glad to read that you found OCT to be useful for your needs thu&¤#

Reactions: achab
I'm an Italian citizen living in Panama. I recently joined this forum (just last week) and am already impressed by the wealth of information here.

I initially came here looking for a corporate offshore bank account that fit my needs. It seems like I found a good option (you can see my first posts). The minimum deposit is €30,000 with no additional fees, which is great. However, I'm always eager to learn more and will continue exploring the forum.

I planned to research trusts next, but a thread I came across piqued my interest.

While I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything, I did set up a trust over 20 years ago and have faced several lawsuits against it, including a particularly challenging ongoing one. Interestingly, I discovered a legal strategy (let's say "subterfuge", escamotage) that protects the trust from Italian law's sues. Any sue. This is today a must because Italian judges often struggle with foreign trusts due to their differences from Roman Law (compared to Common Law). Additionally, there can be a presumption of guilt associated with trusts in Italy.

After extensive research, I approached my Italian lawyers, including one from a top-5 international law firm. I presented a strategy to counter the opposing party's potential moves, ultimately leading to a resolution that protects the trust. It was quite rewarding to see their understanding light up!

While I wouldn't say I'm an "expert," I believe I possess valuable legal knowledge, particularly regarding trusts. I'd be happy to share this knowledge with anyone on the forum who might need help in this specific area (more details on my profile).

Let us continue on this path together. May our journey, though challenging, lead us to great heights. Per aspera ad astra.
I sent you a pm. But you might tell us more in the Gold section.

Reactions: achab and EliasIT
Reactions: achab and EliasIT
Welcome aboard, don't vital information on the public forums, that is what they try to tell you.

Reactions: achab
Thanks for your contribution! You’ve managed to become unpopular on OCT pretty quickly. I’m closing this thread, and maybe take some time to reflect on whether this forum is really the right fit for you—or perhaps you'd prefer another platform to share your wisdom, which of course has nothing to do with self-promotion.

Thanks and good luck!

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Status
Not open for further replies.