Our valued sponsor

search IBAN Direct Debit function

Yes, bunq works but comes with fees.

The original question is not that informative. To be honest, it is more like 98% of all EU-IBANs have the functionality while 2% don't. Hence, it would be good if OP would actually post what the real bottle neck is. Does he need to use 5 accounts each month? Does he need 25 accounts in total? Where is he resident and what fees are acceptable.

In Switzerland, most real banks offer quick and easy opening of new accounts online for no additional fees. In Germany, I am not sure, DKB, Comdirect are not exactly known for many IBANs. UK again is more like Germany, where you can simply open another 10 accounts yourself online. Have you checked with HVB or Volksbank?

In Switzerland, most real banks offer quick and easy opening of new accounts online for no additional fees.
Which one you would suggest? are there banks like ING where you apply online?

Which one you would suggest? are there banks like ING where you apply online?
I used to use a lot of UBS and PostFinance. Not sure if you can open them online at the moment as I used them in the last millennium and on my nickname (which later was changed to my real name in the 2000's when the whole banking problems started). CSX by Credit Suisse can be opened online. I know that with PostFinance, transaction fees are very low (free for all except SWIFT 2 CHF only) apart from the 5 CHF monthly fee. It would definitely work if you need 10 EUR accounts for SEPA Direct Debit.

Today, I probably would go for any Kantonalbank (except ZKB) in the German part. Aarguaische, Obwaldner, Basellandschaftliche, etc. They have no fees at the moment and I think AG even allows opening online. Raiffeisen is also good and recommendable. (I have not tried any of those and I am not sure about any limits of the number of accounts you can open under one contract. Some banks also charge for SEPA Direct Debit, so better check their terms whether they are suitable for this specific use case.)

Reactions: JohnLocke
Accounts like Bunq and Vivid Money with their sub-accounts are great. But unfortunately these institutions appear in the German BAFIN system (account retrieval procedure).

I don't need them permanently, maybe a few months to a year, then I would cancel/close them again

EBAY WORKS ONLY WITH SEPA Countrys

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke