Our valued sponsor

How can you make website to not send meta data to stripe(like website name customer name etc)

hey, i sell alcohool with stripe but the problem is when stripe sees the website the close the account saying it is high risk.
I heard it is possible to stop woo commerce from sending meta data to stripe can anyone here help i will be grateful
Add :
add_filter( 'wc_stripe_payment_metadata', 'remove_sensitive_metadata', 10, 3 );

function remove_sensitive_metadata( $metadata, $order, $source ) {

// Remove website name

unset($metadata['site_name']);

// Remove customer name

unset($metadata['customer_name']);

// Return the modified metadata

return $metadata;

}

In this example,

It's really cool to see the "nerds" we've got on board here who really have the necessary technical skills to solve these kinds of problems.

Add :

// Remove website name

// Remove customer name

return $metadata;

}

In this example,
What about webhooks, they have to point back to the website?

hey, i sell alcohool with stripe but the problem is when stripe sees the website the close the account saying it is high risk.
I heard it is possible to stop woo commerce from sending meta data to stripe can anyone here help i will be grateful
You need to give more infos .. how did you integrate stripe payments (web sdk etc... ) .Otherwise its very hard to help you

You could also use cloaking . So you create a 2nd legitimate site selling for example socks . And route the payments through the 2nd site .

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke
I use multiple websites to tackle these types of issues.

Let's say I have low-risk.com, which sells fairly generic services and is integrated with payment processors. These are genuine services which people can buy, but few people do. The pricing is purposely unattractive and I don't market them.

Then I have high-risk.com, which offers services I actually want to sell. It's not integrated with any processor, but instead uses an API to create a custom order on low-risk.com and redirects the buyer to an invoice on low-risk.com, which in turn goes to the payment processor.

Needless to say, it is critical that you keep your chargeback rate very low, or you'll still have your account closed eventually. I use a 3rd-party fraud screening service to check the buyers on high-risk.com, so I don't have to relay their full details low-risk.com and the payment processor.

It's a really clever method to avoid being tracked by payment service providers if it works, but I wonder if they aren't aware of it and perhaps use other techniques to ensure that it's the correct website sending the transactions?

Reactions: kilor
> It's a really clever method to avoid being tracked by payment service providers if it works, but I wonder if they aren't aware of it and perhaps use other techniques to ensure that it's the correct website sending the transactions?

If done correctly, they really can't, it'll always look like it's coming from the low-risk.com site.

Better yet, use the API (custom solution) and you'll be able to send exactly what you want to them.

Reactions: kilor and JohnLocke
Not bad indeed. Remains the chargeback problem i.e. a customer buys something and file a chargeback with his bank, in this case Stripe or other MAP's will be made aware of what has been bought and can compare it with what you told them you sell.

Or do you guys have a solution for this as well ?

<meta name="referrer" content="never"><meta name="referrer" content="no-referrer">

This will hide the referring page sending the request from any embedded items (scripts, images etc) or outgoing links, however, I'm not sure if the Stripe widget will work on a page with no referrer. You can try it
awesome, I did not know it was that easy.

Add :

// Remove website name

// Remove customer name

return $metadata;

}

In this example,
really nice and useful

Not bad indeed. Remains the chargeback problem i.e. a customer buys something and file a chargeback with his bank, in this case Stripe or other MAP's will be made aware of what has been bought and can compare it with what you told them you sell.

Or do you guys have a solution for this as well ?

Most "miscoded solution providers" / high risk PSPs work like this.

Especially for high risk industries E.G gambling since actual code (MCC) is blocked for a lot of cards. WireCard was strong in this field, they had hundreds or probably even thousands of "fake" MIDs. (Flower store MIDs ("low risk" MCC not blocked) used for gambling / forex (High risk / blocked MCC) you name it.

There are tools for chargeback prevention also, so you can see when chargebacks is likely to occur and prevent it by refunding the customer before. (Ethoca is widely known, it's actually owned by MC.) Therefore miscoded solution are also pretty cost intensive.

Cloaking Stripe is probably the "amateur" version of it, if you want to call it like that.

WireCard was strong in this field, they had hundreds or probably even thousands of "fake" MIDs. (Flower store MIDs ("low risk" MCC not blocked) used for gambling / forex (High risk / blocked MCC) you name it.
Yes, who would have thought that? When we worked with them and even had many personal meetings with them, they seemed like a very serious company. The company building they were in was very upscale and really nicely decorated, very tech and bank-like.

It just goes to show how appearances can be deceiving!
There are tools for chargeback prevention also, so you can see when chargebacks is likely to occur and prevent it by refunding the customer before. (Ethoca is widely known, it's actually owned by MC.) Therefore miscoded solution are also pretty cost intensive.
That's awesome hint, I have to check it, didn't knew about such tools.

Reactions: apres777