Our valued sponsor

How quickly can I turn IBKR portfolio into cash?

If I have invested 500k with IBKR EU business account into bonds, mutual funds, and stocks - how quickly can I turn it into cash? Withdrawn to the bank.

Would I pay withholding tax for the withdrawn 500k (assuming no dividends in the year)?

Are there any fees or issues with withdrawing anyway
I have faced issues even trying to withdraw 500 EUR (which I did as a test to overcome the AML compliance obstacles; hoping that next time, when it's urgent, it will go smoother, as I would have warmed up the account so to speak).
Compliance monkey asked: "Why do you want to withdraw funds?"

I have faced issues even trying to withdraw 500 EUR (which I did as a test to overcome the AML compliance obstacles; hoping that next time, when it's urgent, it will go smoother, as I would have warmed up the account so to speak).
there is a great resource for ideas:

there is a great resource for ideas:
Great share :)

I guess that is the new normal. In 2024, one has to put up with this BS.

Still, IBKR is a great solution in the market. By all means, I can recommend them.

Did they ask only about this?

personal or business account ?
I had such experience once with a business account, while cashing out to the very same company account from where a deposit was made.

Great share :)

I guess that is the new normal. In 2024, one has to put up with this BS.
Guys, it is for your own safety (or the one for your to be inherited money's). The banks are asking to warn your or alert the police if you are becoming victim of fraud. You can maybe check this one:

Here, the son of a victim had the opinion that the bank should have warned his mother when she was trying to get 40k CHF from the bank in cash.

You can just tell the bank that you want to buy a Rolex or store the money in your safe and you are good to go.

BTW: Western Union (in the US after losing a lawsuit) is also requiring you to confirm that you do not send the money to pay for purchases.

• Haha
Reactions: cryptofriendly
Is it for the same 'own safety', for which they locked down the world, create AML regulations and loose customer data to hackers, and shows us that in reality our 'human rights' are nothing more than temporary permissions?

1716052262582.png

Latest Threads