Our valued sponsor

XMR Tracability

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Often pointing this out : Leaked Chainalysis video suggests Monero transactions may be traceable

It's the same, there's so many data points, we actually built a protocol process to block certain countries wallets simply by analysing the users prior transactions (IPs) and block nodes/miners/validators in certain jurisdictions based on their IP's.

Back in 2019 people were getting excited about the idea that the SEC, CFTC, FBI etc were installing nodes unaware this was to get a heart beat of the transactions as they hit the chain, then also factor in Wallet(s) record device fingerprints and connectivity points (IPs etc) and you begin to build a mapping of associated wallet(s) and owners by interactions with just observing letting alone transacting with the blockchain.

@jafo, I was only being a bit technical on my previous post, which might have offended you, apologies.

and @wellington , here is the leaked video, that was deleted upon pressure from a number of 3 letter organizations, https://nyxmr.top/archive/videos/crypto/chainalysis_XMR.mp4 so I might happen to know a bit more about the Monero workings.

Its basically Dandellion++ poisoning and here is a brilliant writeup and detailed analysis Why can't I trust Centralised Exchanges, and random Monero nodes ?

and here is a Monero Research Lab meeting agenda to discuss the issue and if possible workaround, wait for it, before resuming your Monero journey. Monero Research Lab Meeting - Wed 11 September 2024, 17:00 UTC · Issue #1070 · monero-project/meta

@jafo, I was only being a bit technical on my previous post, which might have offended you, apologies.
That's why I *NEVER* a*s-U-ME!
1725916475813.png

PS. Using synonyms to rewrite someone else's writing is NOT "being a bit technical"... In law, we call that "plagiarism." rof/% smi(&%

and @wellington , here is the leaked video, that was deleted upon pressure from a number of 3 letter organizations, https://nyxmr.top/archive/videos/crypto/chainalysis_XMR.mp4 so I might happen to know a bit more about the Monero workings.
rof/% smi(&%
This is NOT the win you think it is!

(1) This video has been circulating for a while already! ;)
It was even posted on Reddit about a week ago. Here's proof: smi(&%

(2) Also, @Burak posted it on Thursday last week:
-----------------
Just because some of us don't post everything (we don't have time) doesn't mean we are unaware. Monero is a "touchy" subject that calls ALL the unwanted attention we do NOT want around here. IYKYK ;)

Last edited:
Often pointing this out : Leaked Chainalysis video suggests Monero transactions may be traceable

It's the same, there's so many data points, we actually built a protocol process to block certain countries wallets simply by analysing the users prior transactions (IPs) and block nodes/miners/validators in certain jurisdictions based on their IP's.

Back in 2019 people were getting excited about the idea that the SEC, CFTC, FBI etc were installing nodes unaware this was to get a heart beat of the transactions as they hit the chain, then also factor in Wallet(s) record device fingerprints and connectivity points (IPs etc) and you begin to build a mapping of associated wallet(s) and owners by interactions with just observing letting alone transacting with the blockchain.
from the leaked video, chainanal seems to own 40% of the nodes. it's just a surprise (not really) that you see that they also get other data from main wallet nodes.
Its basically Dandellion++ poisoning and here is a brilliant writeup and detailed analysis Why can't I trust Centralised Exchanges, and random Monero nodes ?
Correct! what are they doing is basically rendering Dandellion++ useless. it doesn't matter if dande protects subsequent connections, since if you are connect to Chainanal malicious nodes directly, from your own device. it's game over. it doesn't matter what happen after that!

to summarize. use the official monero GUI wallet if you can. Run your own node on a VPS or if you can't, Connect to the remote node through tor/VPN (with no logs)!.

P.S: if you use exodus, don't. from the video, changenow, Morphtoken and fixedfloat as well. they sent data ALL of it directly to chainanal which is directly shared with the FBI and LEs.
make sure to use atomic swaps when exchanging your coins, or instant exchanges that doesn't collect any KYC documents and has zero/temp longs. run them through TOR if you could. I wrote about some good ones here

don't panic, they didn't discover anything. for the average joe, just buy a mullvad VPN, connect to it, and you are good to go!

Reactions: jafo