Our valued sponsor

Worldfirst and crypto. How sensitive are they?

Fouche

Oct 12, 2023
Paris
Visit site
Greetings to the community!
Opened an account with Worldfirst to try them out. I have a channel with brokers who offramp fiat for the company, and I tried to speak with account manager of WF, but he is not very direct and supportive :( Their website says they don't facilitate crypto or bitcoin (Frankly, I don't understand what does that mean - maybe someone could explain also)

Please share your experience with them, how they could react about fiat payment from broker if I could show them agreement and order + source of funds?

Worldfirst will ask for an invoice every time you have an incoming transfer, they're the worst in that regard. You won't be able to slip through the cracks for long. They're also understaffed and have a very toxic work environment, don't ask me how I know.
I have been using them for quite a while with many incoming transfers. Never had any question. Probably depends on the originating country or payer.

Worldfirst will ask for an invoice every time you have an incoming transfer, they're the worst in that regard. You won't be able to slip through the cracks for long. They're also understaffed and have a very toxic work environment, don't ask me how I know.
I might get what you mean. But I am not looking for blind spots. I just want to reassure before incoming payments, don't want them to freeze. But their account managers answer off topic, it feels like they are doing it on purpose. Or they are bad in English and bad in understanding payments at all.

what should I do here? Try more (I think they will never go to compliance to ask) or throw the transfer at them and hope for the best?

I have been using them for quite a while with many incoming transfers. Never had any question. Probably depends on the originating country or payer.
That is a factor but they also pick random accounts to "mess with".
I might get what you mean. But I am not looking for blind spots. I just want to reassure before incoming payments, don't want them to freeze. But their account managers answer off topic, it feels like they are doing it on purpose. Or they are bad in English and bad in understanding payments at all.

what should I do here? Try more (I think they will never go to compliance to ask) or throw the transfer at them and hope for the best?
Last time I used them they froze a few incoming transactions for long periods of time, I have a thread about it here in the forum, just search for Worldfirst and it will show up. Find another EMI, you will have a much better outcome by using Airwallex or Wise for what you're trying to do, and I hate Wise.

Reactions: LegalConsultant