Our valued sponsor

What's the deal with HK Paypal?

yngmind

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Apr 26, 2020
I’ve often seen information about HK PayPal being described as bulletproof and unrestricted. What exactly does that mean? Unrestricted could mean that you can not only send money, but you can receive them too.

Some service providers specifically sell HK PayPal accounts, claiming they are less likely to block accounts compared to other regions.

A friend of mine spoke with a PayPal representative who mentioned that if you get banned in one region, for example, EU country - Greece, you can open an account in another region, like the US, without any issues because the organizations are different and their databases are not connected.

Attachments

• 2.webp
    2.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: daniels27
A friend of mine spoke with a PayPal representative who mentioned that if you get banned in one region, such as Greece, you can open an account in another region, like the US, without any issues because the organizations are different and their databases are not connected.
Yes, that is correct. US, Australia, EU, etc. are completely disconnected. DACH for example is connected somehow, even though Switzerland using their Singapore entity while Germany and Austria uses their Luxemburg one.

I’ve often seen information about HK PayPal being described as bulletproof and unrestricted. What exactly does that mean? Unrestricted could mean that you can not only send money, but you can receive them too.

After seeing your newly added screenshot, it is clear. They refer to the "only tax-free jurisdiciton with unrestrictred PayPal accounts". Most PayPal account are unrestricted. But most tax-free places do have restrictions:

https://positivezone.ae/paypal-in-uae/ said:
For example, PayPal UAE accounts can only be used for sending and receiving payments within the country, and cannot be used for international transactions. Additionally, PayPal may require additional verification for certain transactions or account activities, such as large payments or withdrawals.

It is just a normal PayPal account. And for the record: Singapore also has offshore tax-exemptions and also has unrestricted PayPal accounts. No deal, just their marketing is 太過分 as we call it in Cantonese (over the top).

Last edited:
Reactions: yngmind