Our valued sponsor

What is the meening to pay more for a service in regards to offshore companies reg.?

system32

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking around for some time now here on this forum as well as on the few other forums which discussioning the registration of offshore companies and related services.

Now my questions are as the following:

1. Why should someone pay up to 10 times the fee of what those cheap company registrars charge?

2. How can you trust a company and know they are a certified and registered agency regulated by the body in the offshore jurisdiction in question?

3. How to avoid to be scammed by one or another provider of these offshore services?

I have been looking around as I mentioned for some time, and I see the registration fee for offshore companies is varying very much, from a few hundred dollars to several thousands, seems to be the same service they are offering.

Actually we receive almost every day questions about how people can trust our company and how they can make sure that they don't get scammed if you like so, and the answer we give is always the same, this is a two players game, we need to know that the client is for real and vice versa, so we ask for an installment and then they can visit our office in Cyprus, they can see the facilities and also speak with our professional advisors and certified accountants if they like.

In regards to the fees, as I'm seeing people questioning certain fees of different agencies, and also always look for the cheapest solution, then it always rise the question for us, how careless can one be if they are serious with their business to take the cheapest, does that mean one will just use this vehicle for any short term business or are they for real and want to establish a wealthy and successful business based on a carefully investigated ground in an offshore jurisdiction, don't they care if the registrator of the company or the agency service they are picking will be there in a year or the next 5 years? How do you expect a cheap service which just is selling some doubtful packages for a few hundred dollars to stay in this marked, it has been proven many times during the history that low budget / cheap selling product / service companies don't survive in the long term, of course some of the major companies will, but the crowd won't .

Finally to shorten this a little, to establish a business offshore as well as have bullet proof and professional banking services isn't a "PRODUCT" it is a service, it is also not a static thing where one fits the other, you will want to have a establishment which is specific for you and which consider and encounters your goals not what the vast majority needs, this you will want to pay for so to avoid any troubles later on.

I always look at the fees, I have several small business going, and I really don't care if some of the offshore services went their belly up in the near future, I will simply just switch to the next. If I was into some serious business I would have a other strategy of course. For me to buy a offshore company is the same as to buy a domain name...

flofi, you are correct in your sayings but I would put this up in two categories, the 1st: If I have some product I want to sell but which Im not aware of if it will bring me the big bunch of $$$ then go for a cheap corporate service, because most new companies / business ideas will not make it anyway so you dont need to care about it but just need to minimize your costs. 2nd: If you are into some serious business online or offline dosen't really matter you will need a reliable corporate service which know a little more then just to send you electronic compies by e-mail, they will need to know about advanced company structures.

For me it is important to know who I'm doing business with, find reviews on the company and feel comfortable, the fee is a factor but not the final decision maker, what interests me is what target group a certain offshore company agent has, is the majority of the clients coming from industries where much fraud exists or does most are into any funny business or has the agents also regular and legit business.

What sense does it make if you incorporate with a offshore company incorporation service which can sell you a IBC for $100 if you know you will be subject of investigation sooner or later while your company is in the same pool as such dubious businesses?

The fees are an issue, but watch out for companies who charge a small amount at the beginning and then impose further charges in the future which they didn't tell you about.

Also as mentioned above, it is a two way service. We have to do due dilligence on you the client as well as you doing your due dilligence on us.

Here are some typical questions you should ask.

1) Where is the jurisdiction for the offshore company?

2) Who is the regulator for this jurisdiction?

3) What are the fees for setting up and ongoing administration?

4) How much capital do I need to setup a company?

5) Can I get a corporate bank account with the company?

6) Can I get a personal bank account as well?

7) Who regulates the bank?

8) What kind of protection do I have for my money?

9) Can I transfer money in/out at any time?

10) Do I get an ATM card? Cheque Book? Credit Cards? etc

11) What documents do i need to send to open the company and the bank account?

12) How long does the process take to set up the company and the account?

13) Do I need to visit the country of jurisdiction to set up the company/bank account?

14) What happens if someone tries to find out about my offshore company?

15) How confidential is it?

16) How comfortable to you feel about the people your dealing with?

You should strike up a personal relationship. Ask them to call you to discuss your issues. Get a copy of their licence etc etc.

When clients talk to me I am happy to phone them, send a copy of my passport etc. We have nothing to hide!

It's frustrating for us as there are a lot of cowboys out there and it's difficult to for us sometimes to demonstate who we are.

But we are willing to help with any reasonable request :)

welcome aboard pchess, hmmm only post you made with hidden pormotion, don't you have any better to say ?

The only thing what matters for me is, how the website looks, does the company update it frequently do they spend money on it (SSL certificates, other certificates) what is the overall web presence they have, how fast do they respond to my e-mails and are they with information useful to know for me, do they offer any live chat and Skype to get in touch instantly.

Look the domain up on the various domain tools to see when it is registered and who has registered it and make a google search.

You know people can bull s**t on a phone as well on e-mail and skype that you believe they are to be trusted, the last thing I do is to call the company, why should I spend money on the phone call if it went out to be a scam either way.

Hi surender

You make some good points, and in fact we're re-vamping our website based upon similar feedback.

It's a little like a chicken and egg scenario.

I want you to trust me, but how can I achieve that?

I wouldn't expect someone to call me. They would send their telephone number and I would call them. But we are also planning a skype link as well.

I can say that I am a legitimate company but I need to prove it. All I am saying is that it's a frustrating experience for us, because we genuinely want to help people with a great service.

I can't promote the company here because that's against the rules, but I can discuss what I think is a genuine problem for legitimate companies who want to help. People always complain about scam artists on forums like this, so I want to receive good feedback about how we can create an environment that builds trust.

So I am looking for suggestions.

Best wishes

pchees

I want you to trust me, but how can I achieve that?
Sorry but get you are most trustable website if you want that ;) .... I always look for how long the business has been operated, new businesses I try to avoid just because of all the scams out there..

I can't promote the company here because that's against the rules,
It seems your self pormotion works well, you try to hide it in your text but don't think people here are that stupid not to know. I was already wondering when Admin will take any actions..

Make some craeful investigation on every company before you place any order, if you can effort it, go visit the agency you want to deal with, this will finally eliminate the last doubts some may have.

All the bull s**t about to have a phone number to call, mail and chat it is poor crap, as Surender already mentioned, they can bull s**t you on all this communication methods, the only time where it may be difficult is on a face to face chat and where I can see the office building..

Post like the one pchess made are 100% self promotion also let the operation look foolish.

drillbill said:
Make some craeful investigation on every company before you place any order, if you can effort it, go visit the agency you want to deal with, this will finally eliminate the last doubts some may have.
All the bull s**t about to have a phone number to call, mail and chat it is poor crap, as Surender already mentioned, they can bull s**t you on all this communication methods, the only time where it may be difficult is on a face to face chat and where I can see the office building..

Post like the one pchess made are 100% self promotion also let the operation look foolish.
Thanks drillbill I admit with you.